Notices

"Obese"?????

Old 02-02-2011, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Angry "Obese"?????

I was not a little surprised to hear from my family Dr. that I fit into the Obese category. I am done allowing food to be the Boss of Me!!! Although I have lost about 7 lbs during the last 2 weeks of January, that includes the same 5 lb I have lost - and regained - a dozen times in the last 10 years.

So here is the real beginning. I am 203 and my goal is 150. I want to reach that goal this year.

I am a math teacher, wife with 10 yr anniversary next month, and mom of three. I have much to live for and I want to live long and feel good!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

You know it's pretty easy to slip into the obese category... I know I am there and I have about 35 pounds to lose. It doesn't seem like that much so it is pretty shocking to fall into that category. I have already lost 20 so I was in the same situation as you when I started. My best advice is to set mini goals for yourself and try to enjoy the process as much as you can.

You can do this!!! And there is a lot of great support here. Congrats on taking the first step and welcome to the forum!
Old 02-02-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by crblack1218
I was not a little surprised to hear from my family Dr. that I fit into the Obese category. I am done allowing food to be the Boss of Me!!! Although I have lost about 7 lbs during the last 2 weeks of January, that includes the same 5 lb I have lost - and regained - a dozen times in the last 10 years.

So here is the real beginning. I am 203 and my goal is 150. I want to reach that goal this year.

I am a math teacher, wife with 10 yr anniversary next month, and mom of three. I have much to live for and I want to live long and feel good!
Don't panic. If you want to solve a problem, you have to name it first. If you want to lose weight and get healthy, you need to know where you stand, however high the number is. Welcome on Fitday
Old 02-03-2011, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

I am brand new here as well and wanted to let you know I'm actually in the exact same position as you as far as the numbers are concerned. I'm not sure what your height is, but I also recently weighed in at the dr's office at 203 and my goal is also 150. I'll be sending happy thoughts your way and if you need anyone to talk to or even vent to, I'd be happy to oblige. We can do this!!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

I was morbidly obese when I started doing this, but I've managed to get down to the 150 mark and hold it there. I would really like to lose another 30 pounds, but this last bit is being really stubborn and I'm not unhappy with where I'm at.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 AM
FitDay Member

alyssum, thank you for your post! What are you doing to lose the weight? I have made some pretty big changes in the past 2-3 weeks. I stopped eating bread/pasta/potatoes/desserts, stopped drinking diet soda, cut way way back on alcohol, drink loads of water and just this week began counting calories. I am using fitday to track my food. I was very active up until the past 4 days, so I need to get back into walking this weekend. I have committed to two 5Ks in April (I can run or walk or both) and I need to get fit and ready for them!!!! I can't wait until my weigh in on Sunday to see where I am.

I hope you are as motivated as I am! Hang in there!

-Christy
Old 02-04-2011, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hy Christy,

So glad to hear back from you! I'm only on day 3 really, so I'm just starting. I saved money and was able to hire a personal trainer for the next 6 weeks (2 sessions a week) to try to jump start the exercise portion.

I stopped drinking pop all together since the new year. I couldn't drink diet pop, so I was drinking a lot of my calories. I'm now completely addicted to carbonated/sparkling water! I drink it almost every day and I get to have that refreshing carbonated drink, but with absolutely nothing bad in it, it's just water.

Sweets are my absolute downfall, and I'm still not sure how I'm going to deal with that. I also love baking, and am always trying new cookies/cakes/breads. It's a big hobby of mine and I'm going to have to figure out how keep it without sacrificing my health.

I'm going into my first weekend, which seem to be harder for me. I'm going to keep up with tracking all of my food and try to be really conscious of everything I eat. Keep up the awesome work!!!

~Alyssum
Old 02-07-2011, 04:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Alyssum, I just posted to your thread.

Superbowl Sunday is a hard day. There was SO SO MUCH food all around me. I did succumb to a little temptation but I didn't eat too many calories, just the wrong kind of calories. I am totally back on my plan today and it feels good to know I could have a day where I deviated from the plan but didn't lose control, and can easily get back on track the next morning. :-) I lost one pd over the week so I am at 202. I really am motivated to get below that 200 mark this week - something very psychological about that!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Christy,

Lucky for me, I'm not into football, so I didn't have the temptation. It's important to remember that if we slip one day, that doesn't mean we should give up everything. I used to think that if I dieted for 2 months, and then one day had a burger, fries, and an ice cream sunday (you can tell what I'm craving!), that the last 2 months had been all for nothing. So I might as well quit the diet; but now, I know that's a really damaging way to think. All you can do is say, "I am going to do better tomorrow!"

In my news, I have lost 5lbs in the last week or so!!! I really didn't think that would be possible! I started at 203 when I weighed in at my last dr's appointment and as of yesterday I'm at 198! I know what you mean about getting under that 200 mark, it feels great and I know you're next!

The next time you're feeling a really strong craving, and you're worried you may go overboard, tell yourself, "I want to be thin/healthy more than I want to eat this [insert favorite food here]", and then come on here and read some posts!

~Alyssum
Old 02-08-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

WOW! Congratulations. That is a super kick-off to your new lifestyle! That personal trainer is paying off already!

You are correct about having one "off" day and not allowing it to derail your whole plan. I feel good about being in control.

Good luck - I hope this week is as successful for you as last!

-Christy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.