Community
Notices

Hey fitly crew!

Old 02-20-2011, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hey fitday crew!

Hey gang! I've been on fitday for about a month now and just checked out the forums and thought I'd say hey. I'm a 5'8 tall, 30 y/o husband of 7 years and father of 2 boys (5 y/o and 4 months ). When my wife and I first got married, I was about 200lbs even. However, with working full time and going back to college for another degree for a career change to nursing, the weight slowly but surely came on.

So, why the change now? To be honest, I need to be healthy for my family but first/foremost myself. I've realized I need to make a lifestyle change to live healthy. As I go with the decisions I make with food, so does my oldest son. I need to be an example for him. So since 1/24/11 I've began dieting and working out hard and my son now asks when he goes to eat something, "Daddy, is this healthy?". Haha, I love it!

My goal is to get back to being healthy by doing lots of cardio, lifting weights and of course, dieting right. My goal is to run in a 5k this summer and run steadily thereafter all the while of course, living a healthy lifestyle.

So here I am fitday! Lol! Apologies for the dissertation/thesis that I just wrote....needless to say I'm pretty excited here

Last edited by vjcaniac; 02-20-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums!

Looks like you're doing great--keep it up and you'll make your goal before you know it.

If there's anything we can do to help, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-20-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the reply Michael! Looks like you're doing great yourself. It takes a lot of work, that's for sure. Props to you for your hard work and I'll look to keep up with you along the way.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on becoming a better role model! And best of luck on your journey. My husband and I have 3 daughters and when I started this I decided that what was good for me, was good for them too. Sometimes I get a bit of whining from them, and I always say "some day you'll thank me for this". I'm not holding my breath for that thanks, but I know for certain that this is best for the long run.