Notices

New here!!

Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 PM
FitDay Member

Smile New here!!

Hi Everyone!!

I'm new to this forum! But I actually start using this site since last week! I just noticed this morning that it has a forum! !!

My name is Cinthya and I weight 240 pounds!! (I know I just weight myself a couple of days ago and it was like ) Last Monday.. I week ago a friend convinced to enjoy this site! And since I've try lots of times getting on a diet I've always failed (Love soda and cake) But this is definitely out of my edge the way I feel about me! I'm NOT comfortable with myself! I don't even like to look myself at the mirror! And I'm 24 years old! I know I should start to lose weight! Since last week I've been eating better! Trying to be at 1 200 calories or sometimes less! I've been researching about how many calories to eat to lose weight and I'm really confuse! Some people says 1 200 C, and some people says that the worst to do is eating less than 1 000 Calories! I've been walking since last week! Looking forward to start jogging!.

I don't want to give up!! I feel like I've been doing so good! I don't want to weight myself anymore because if I see I didn't lose any weight I'M SURE I'll get all depress and I'll give up! I've all the support from my husband who's actually cooking healthy for me and buying me stuff to eat!! I know I have everything to do it! I just don't want to give up...

PS. So sorry for my English! It's not my first language!.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums! It sounds like you are off to a great start. And lucky you for having a husband that is cooking healthy for you! I need one of those, lol!

As far as how many calories you should be eating, everyone is different so if you are losing on the 1000-1200 a day then I wouldn't worry about what others tell you. You may have to adjust those #'s when you start jogging or if you stop losing.

What are your macros? And I think most of us were like when we first logged our food too!
Old 02-15-2011, 08:38 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by vabeachgirlNYC
Welcome to the forums! It sounds like you are off to a great start. And lucky you for having a husband that is cooking healthy for you! I need one of those, lol!

As far as how many calories you should be eating, everyone is different so if you are losing on the 1000-1200 a day then I wouldn't worry about what others tell you. You may have to adjust those #'s when you start jogging or if you stop losing.

What are your macros? And I think most of us were like when we first logged our food too!
Thank you so much for your warm welcomed! !!

What do you mean about What are your macros??? Sorry I didn't understand
Old 02-15-2011, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

After you log your food intake, scroll down and your macros will show up in a pie chart, carb/fat/protein. Some ratios work better than others. Good luck on your journey, you can do this. I too love soda and not cake but BROWNIES.
Old 02-15-2011, 11:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums!

I agree about the calorie level--every body is different and if what you're doing works, keep it up. Personally, I like a fairly low calorie intake--enough to keep hunger more-or-less at bay but low enough to run a nice average daily calorie deficit.

If you have more questions or would like advice, please don't hesitate to speak up.

Regards,
Michael