Notices

Hi there everyone!

Old 02-11-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Hi there everyone!

Hi there! My name is Shannon. I will turn 40 this month & I decided to be more pro-active in bringing my weight back to where I want it. I am an office manager during the day and then I bartend at night. I don't have a scale right now, so I am taking a guess at my weight, but I do know that I can't even begin to fit into jeans I wore comfortably 2 years ago. So, now I'm going to start watching what I eat, make sure I exercise as much as I can, and I'm just flat out going to lose this weight!!

I look forward to learning more about each of you on my journey. :-)

Have a great day!!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Go Shannon Go.

I am also 40 and the weight sure does not come off easily like it used to. I also didn't own a scale because I did not want to know!! My fat jeans were too tight but I would have never thought I weighed as much as I did. I purchased a Wii Fit and it weighs you each time you get on and then it moans and says obese!! I want to lose 35 lbs but I never considered myself obese! Between the food journal making me pay attention and the Wii calling me obese, I am paying more attention than ever before. We can do this!
Old 02-11-2011, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

LOL Well, I just found a scale here at the office. 157. I want to get down to 135. I know we can do this!!!!!!! ROCK ON ALL SEXY 40 Year Old Women!!! LOL
Old 02-11-2011, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in my 40's too, and it is harder now than it was when I was in my 20's that's for sure. Thank heavens we have a little more money at this point in our lives and I can afford to buy myself the occasional new workout thing. Right now I'm saving for a treadmill, we have an elliptical, which I adore, however it's proven to be a rather unreliable piece of equipment. We've had to fix it 3 times already and we've only owned it a year. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

:-) I know what you mean!!!
Old 02-12-2011, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Hey! Can I join this party?? I am also 40. I have had my weight go extremely high and extremely low. Right now I'm right around my goal weight but find it really hard to move the number on the scale.
I have used fitday for a long time, but this is also my first time on the forums. I'm looking for some friends to share the ups and downs with. I had a really bad day a few days ago and the only thing that made me happy was to sit down and eat. My day sucked so bad, I felt entitled. Of course until I was full, then I felt awful. But, I got back on track the next day!!