New to Fitday New to Diabetes >

New to Fitday New to Diabetes

Community
Notices

New to Fitday New to Diabetes

Old 02-06-2011, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to Fitday New to Diabetes

Need a new plan. I'm 42 and just found out I in the early stages of diabetes. Want to change my diet for life, lose weight and monitor diabetes with diet only. Just found this site yesterday, been making diet changes for last month and have lost 9 lbs. Anyone have any tips for losing weight with diabetes and keeping Blood Gulcose stable? Currently using a low carb/south beach type diet.
Old 02-06-2011, 02:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums.

Congrats on your progress thus far--sounds like you've made the commitment to get healthier--good for you!

I think the South Beach is one of the better "diets" out there. I don't know much about diabetes, but I understand that by eating every few hours you can avoid big swings in blood sugar. I've also heard/read that Type 2 can go away if you get serious about losing weight and exercising--I hope that's true in your case.

I guess my advice is to keep doing what you're doing. Stick with your eating plan (I really don't like to think about this as "dieting" as that sort of implies that at some point you are going to stop), get into an exercise routine, drink plenty of water and log EVERYTHING into FitDay every single day without fail.

Regards,
Michael