FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   New To Fitday (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/3219-new-fitday.html)

sandkpeacock 01-31-2011 11:53 AM

New To Fitday

Hi
Just found this website last week. Looking for a buddy to share the ups and downs. I follow the Jenny Craig diet. I am aiming to lose 19 lbs by July.
I am a slow loser unfortunately plus it is a lifestyle change..and I really shouldn't call it a diet. I try to exercise but things just seem to get in the way..
But I am working on it.
Hope to find a buddy soon:)

behaze 01-31-2011 12:47 PM

Buddy?

Hey, Peacock!
I have also just started - looking to lose pregnancy weight (plus a few extra kgs that have gone on since my boy was born . . . ;)). I've done it at home before (gone from Australian size 12 to 8 in 6 months - about 16kgs, or 35lbs) but this time I seem to be having trouble staying motivated.
I also would like to share my experiences with someone who is just starting/starting again. Whaddaya think?
BeHaze

sandkpeacock 02-02-2011 12:22 AM

Hi
Nice to meet you. It would be great to buddy up.
How old is your baby?
I am on about 1200 cal a day..and I drink 8 cups of water. What system are you following.
We have major snow here today. How is it there?
write soon.
Kathy

alleysgurl 02-02-2011 04:04 AM

I am a slow loser too. So slow that I get discouraged really easily. lol
I am following the weight watcher plan. Just like you, I try to exercise but day to day things get me side tracked. We're getting the Wii fit this week and I look forward to working out with that!

Let me know how I can help you attain your goal. I'd like to lose 10lbs by middle of next month.

sandkpeacock 02-02-2011 12:31 PM

Hi
Glad to meet you. You will have to let me know how the Wii is. I try and do indoor walking with a dvd. We have so much snow here right now. It takes only about 18 mins but is is a start. It is a 1 mile walk. Going to try 2 mile workout to. Do you have any exercise dvd?
Losing my weight..chip..chip..I lose about 1lb a week. sometimes..My fat cells love me..lol..lol.
write soon.
Let me know how I can help.
thanks
Kathy;)

behaze 02-02-2011 01:29 PM

Hi Kathy!
My son is now 9 months old, and I also have an 8 year old son. We're going to have more, but I would like to be in the best shape possible (healthy, I mean!) before going into that. And, of course, it will probably help to lose it again after the new one is born!
How about you? Kids? Married?
1200 calories? Okay - in Australia, we usually go by kilojoules and I haven't yet looked up the recommended calorie intake. Last time I lost weight, I just avoided KFC (which was very hard :D) and did a lot of exercise, but didn't worry about calories/kilojoules.
Not on any 'diet', as such. Just intend to go out each week and buy out the fruit & veg shop, then get only the minimum needed for my partner and our son (Deklan) to have work/school lunches. So far this week, there have been few complaints about dinners - so I'm giving them a treat of fish tonight with their baked potatoes and steamed veggies! Looking forward to the love coming in for that! :D
How have you gone today? Have you done your mile walk yet? And what are your plans for dinner?
The Wii Fit (and Fit Plus) we have. I used it for quite a while, but sadly seeing the almost imperceptible difference in weight loss made me feel a little disheartened. Now I am using it once a week just to keep track of my BMI. However, my 'sister-in-law' used it to great effect, so it could be a winner, especially if you're cooped up with snow outside.
How I wish we got snow! :P We've been planning a snow holiday for a couple of years, so far, but our kitty is still empty . . . :D We'll get there!
Do you have a 'motivational reward' for certain weight losses?
Hope to hear from you soon!

alleysgurl 02-02-2011 04:17 PM

Kathy,
I'll get to start using the Wii this weekend. I'm excited! I'll definitely keep everybody updated. I'm in Arizona and it was 48 degrees F today. FREEZING!! lol
So, in following the Weight Watcher plan, I went over my allowed points by 5. :(. *sigh* Tomorrow's a new day.
You should check out a book called "Be a Loser", by Greer Childers. It's about using your breathing to burn fat while doing a series of stretching. Kind of like yoga. I love it! When I actually do it on a consistent basis, I can see results w/in 2 weeks. And it gives you TONS of energy!

behaze, thanks for letting me know about the Wii results. I had this brilliant picture in mind of me dropping the pounds like crazy once I started. I'm the type that will do it so much for a couple of weeks that I'll get burned out. We'll see...my husband is going to do it with me. Kind of like a competition. :)

It's great to get to know you all!
Jessica

behaze 02-02-2011 05:39 PM

Hehe, Jessica, I had that brilliant image in my mind, too! But my sister-in-law has since moved to the UK on a working visa and is now a fitness instructor. So you just never know!

I'm a workout-DVD-junkie, and that worked for me before, so I'm doing that again (and adding to my collection every now and then while 'just window shopping' on ebay - hehe).

And it must be wonderful to have that in-house workout buddy. Go guys! Woo! :D

sandkpeacock 02-03-2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by alleysgurl (Post 34652)
Kathy,
I'll get to start using the Wii this weekend. I'm excited! I'll definitely keep everybody updated. I'm in Arizona and it was 48 degrees F today. FREEZING!! lol
So, in following the Weight Watcher plan, I went over my allowed points by 5. :(. *sigh* Tomorrow's a new day.
You should check out a book called "Be a Loser", by Greer Childers. It's about using your breathing to burn fat while doing a series of stretching. Kind of like yoga. I love it! When I actually do it on a consistent basis, I can see results w/in 2 weeks. And it gives you TONS of energy!

behaze, thanks for letting me know about the Wii results. I had this brilliant picture in mind of me dropping the pounds like crazy once I started. I'm the type that will do it so much for a couple of weeks that I'll get burned out. We'll see...my husband is going to do it with me. Kind of like a competition. :)

It's great to get to know you all!
Jessica

Hi
Your youngest son...is a really cute stage. Can you take him out in the stroller and do walking? I was planning to do my walk today..but a meeting came up with my Mom. So once again it is on hold.
The book sounds really interesting I will see if I can find it and read it. I am on 1200 cal and I track/journal them.
I am married and have 3 grown kids..I had twins..a boy and girl and one other boy...so three kids. I have a golden retriever called Sandy...and a hubby of course..my best fr iend. He is watching what he is eating as he is trying to lose weight also.
My rewards for losing weight can be buy something nice to wear. Getting into my skinny clothes I couldn't fit in before.
I had a frozen dinner tonight..low calories..was good. Mac N Cheese. I try to drink lots of water also...8 cups at least a day.
I hope you are safe...I have heard about the weather you are having over there. I hope you don't too much rain.
Have a nice day/night...write soon
Kathy

behaze 02-03-2011 02:56 PM

Hey, Kathy!

It's so nice to have someone supportive in the house, isn't it? Last night I was tentatively asked if this 'new me' was going to ban red meat from dinners from now on . . . but he did start it up by saying how he's loving the salads and vegetables and healthy soups, bless his heart. And no, red meat isn't banned, I just didn't buy any this week.

Oooh, mac & cheese! There's a healthy version? Even saying the name makes me feel half a kilo heavier! We didn't end up having our fish last night. We ran out of gas just as the oven finished pre-heating. So it's on Saturday's menu, now, currently happily sitting in the fridge and marinating.

At the moment, walking with Rogue (the 9 month old) in the stroller is out. I don't know if you heard of the flooding in Brisbane last month . . ? Well, we live about 2 hours north of Brisbane in an area notorious for ridiculous flooding, so we were flooded out and isolated a few days before the Brisbane disasters set in, though we're much better equipped to deal with it. Anyway, all that torrential rain has completely eroded our dirt-track driveway (it's about 800m long, which I think converts to roughly half a mile) and the real estate is studiously ignoring my requests for repair, which have only been going on for about two years! So the walking with the stroller from home is not really an option (my car's suspension hates me at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to find it sitting angrily at the top of the driveway, having disconnected itself and refusing to make the trip even one more time). It's a bugger, really, because I did, just a couple of months ago (when the driveway was still reasonably safe to traverse) get a baby seat for my bike. We're too far out of town to actually GO anywhere, unless I want to be riding for four or five hours (something I don't think Rogue would be too thrilled with) but around here, there is some beautiful scenery. That's okay, I have an extensive DVD collection, so this week I've done aerobics, tae bo, ballet and a seriously hard-core abdominal workout, always followed by a session of pilates. As well, I find I'm up, getting Rogue out of all the things he shouldn't be in, now he's discovered his own brand of crawling. :rolleyes:

I was eating about 600 calories a day this week (not starving myself, simply eating only fruit and veg with a slice of toast to accompany my poached egg in the morning), so I've since looked it up and am slowly increasing, so as not to offset any achievements I may have so far made. Well, I may top my 1200 today, anyway, as Friday is my naughty day. :D Wine tonight!!

I'm doing the clothes thing for motivation, also. In fact, I emptied my wardrobe of all the old skinny clothes this week (except two dresses for comparison purposes!), so when I get to a certain weight, and know I've been making the right food choices, I can allow myself to get something new. Plus, all my old clothes are going to the RSPCA op shop here in Gympie, who didn't prepare and got wiped out by the flood here (their profits go toward paying the mortgage for the actual animal shelter), so it's benefits all around!

How about you, Jessica? What are your motivational rewards?

What do you guys do for a living? I write. Can you tell? :D

Have you tried pilates before, Kathy? I love it because you're mostly laying down, and you don't work up a sweat, but you end it feeling nice and long and lean. :D There are some great beginner DVDs out there, too, if you've never done it before.

Hope you get your walk in today!

Have a healthy one, guys!

behaze 02-03-2011 03:00 PM

Oh, have you two weighed or measured yourselves this week? Would it be okay with you if we all checked in with any losses or gains we achieve or suffer each week on a certain day?

Just a thought.

alleysgurl 02-04-2011 01:30 AM

behaze, I think weighing in and measuring is a great idea. What day works for you and Kathy?

I too use new clothes as motivation. My mom lost 30lbs using the weight watcher plan so I cleaned out my closet and gave all my skinny clothes to her! It's so funny how we just keep hanging on to clothes we haven't worn for 3 or more years.

As for what I do for a living, I'm a stay at home mom first. I have 4yr old twin girls and a 2yr old boy. My husband was my high school sweet heart. I have 2 golden retrievers. It's a full time job! When my husband gets home from work, I go work at a restaurant my friend owns. I'm a food expediter/manager. On the weekends, my sister and I do special occasion hair styling. Weddings, proms, etc.

behaze, I really enjoy reading your posts. I can tell you have a nack for writing. That's great!

By the way ladies, I didn't go over my allotted calories yesterday!! YAY!

behaze 02-05-2011 07:59 PM

Good for you! How many points do you get to have in a day?

Wow, you're certainly busy! How do you squeeze so many hours out of a day? And the clothes - I know! There was stuff in there I hadn't worn since my 8yo was still toddling! But it's all cleaned out and ready for the fresh start. :D Hope your mum is loving her new additions!

What sort of exercise are you doing at the moment?

I weighed myself last Tuesday. Any day for a 'weigh-in' is fine with me, though.

alleysgurl 02-07-2011 08:37 AM

I can have 26pts a day. Points are based on calories/fat in a food. The system works really well for me, during the week. I tend to fall off the wagon on weekends. :(

Wish me luck! Tonight I customize my own workout routine utilizing the Wii. It's all hooked up and we're about to get started!

I weighed yesterday...168 lbs...lost 2 lbs!

Jessica

behaze 02-07-2011 12:41 PM

Wow! Applause! 2 pounds is awesome. Makes you feel all encouraged and motivated, doesn't it?

That's a real accomplishment - especially if you were naughty on the weekend. I was, too. It's very hard to behave when my partner invites his mates over for a bbq and there's grog flowing freely . . . :rolleyes:

I weighed in on the Wii Fit this morning after breakfast and was pleased to see 1.5kg (3.3lbs) has gone! So I don't feel too bad about having a big ole barbeque with all the trimmings on the weekend. Elsewhere on the forum, I have read that the naughty day is supposed to challenge and 'wake up' your metabolism, so I'm just gonna roll with that. :D

Hey, have fun with the Wii tonight! What games are you using (aside from the Fit and/or Fit Plus) to exercise?

alleysgurl 02-08-2011 03:11 AM

behaze, the Wii kicked my butt last night! I thought I was in ok shape. My lands! When the Wii fit did all of my BMI measuring and balance/posture measuring, it was shocking! :eek: But, it was good to get a burn.
This morning my legs feel like jello. I woke up early and did some yoga on the Wii. LOVE IT!
I'm excited.

What was dinner? We had a grilled chicken black bean salad. It was really tasty.

behaze 02-08-2011 12:50 PM

Hehe - it's a lot of fun! The hula-hooping is an absolute killer! Especially once you unlock the longer times. So funny to watch other people on it, though. I guess I'd count the good belly-laugh that gives me as part of my daily calorie burn. :D

We had 'Spicy Beef with Prawns and Bok Choy' last night, served on a bed of couscous. The dish (minus the couscous) had only 200 calories a serve, so I thought that was pretty good - plus, I needed to up my protein a bit. My 8 year old took one look at the bok choy and decided he wasn't going to eat it, but in the end he devoured the whole bowlful and was looking for more, so it's probably a keeper.

I've just discovered Zumba burns about 600-800 calories an hour, so after a bit of dumbbell work, I sweated over that this morning before collapsing in a proud but exhausted puddle to do some pilates. My 9mo woke up from his morning nap early; I did toy with the idea of ditching the pilates, but I got him up and endured him pulling at my hair and playing drums on my head while I did it. Go me! :D

And on a side note, the Driveway Repair God must be reading this thread, because I got a call from the real estate yesterday telling me she's put in some quotes with the landlord. Fingers crossed they actually fix it!

Hope you have an energetic and productive day today!

cueball596 02-08-2011 01:56 PM

Hi :) Just started this tonight... tomorrow will be my first day on here. I have bigger goals, because I am in a very "big" place right now... Losing 20 pounds by the summer would be wonderful! Mom of two little boys, full time teacher and tutor almost daily to make ends meet.. Time is never there. Let's do it together!!!

Renfred 02-08-2011 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by sandkpeacock (Post 34346)
Hi
Just found this website last week. Looking for a buddy to share the ups and downs. I follow the Jenny Craig diet. I am aiming to lose 19 lbs by July.
I am a slow loser unfortunately plus it is a lifestyle change..and I really shouldn't call it a diet. I try to exercise but things just seem to get in the way..
But I am working on it.
Hope to find a buddy soon:)

Hi everyone on this forum, Me join newly and 25y, 5'7", 120.2 pounds. Wanted to increase weight up to 130 pounds, any suggestion's or comment's most appreciable.........Walnut Creek Bootcamps

behaze 02-08-2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by cueball596 (Post 35351)
Hi :) Just started this tonight... tomorrow will be my first day on here. I have bigger goals, because I am in a very "big" place right now... Losing 20 pounds by the summer would be wonderful! Mom of two little boys, full time teacher and tutor almost daily to make ends meet.. Time is never there. Let's do it together!!!

Hi, Cueball! Welcome to our thread! We're more than happy to have you aboard. What plans do you have to help you get in shape?

behaze 02-08-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Renfred (Post 35374)
Hi everyone on this forum, Me join newly and 25y, 5'7", 120.2 pounds. Wanted to increase weight up to 130 pounds, any suggestion's or comment's most appreciable.........

Hello to you, also, Renfred!

I've never needed to research how to healthily put weight on. You'd probably find some very helpful suggestions in the 'Exercise' section. You could possibly add your own thread here under 'Newbies'. The moderators (who seem to be quite knowledgeable) do look through them, as do other members who have their heads wrapped around nutrition. They'd probably have some good ideas.

In any case, we're happy to share your journey, too. Welcome!

alleysgurl 02-09-2011 04:00 AM

Welcome Cueball! We're here to encourage you. As a mother, it's really hard to find/make time but when we do, it's so rewarding. I've just started waking up a good 2 hrs before my kids wake up. :D

behaze 02-09-2011 04:01 PM

Holy bejeepers, Jessica. If I got up two hours earlier than my kids, I'd be awake at 3.30am! Though I can't really complain. As I get up, my partner is driving to work, so in comparison, I'm getting a lovely big sleep-in (it does mean, though, on the weekend, he gets to sleep in until 9am . . .:rolleyes:)

How have you guys gone today? Did you all get some exercise in?

alleysgurl 02-10-2011 01:53 AM

My kids are great sleepers. They don't go to bed until 10:30pm which means they sleep until 8:30-9am. It works out great! Oh yes, gotta love the weekends. :)

Did really good! Got my exercise in as well as came in lower than my suggested calorie intake! How about you?

behaze 02-10-2011 08:33 AM

Was a bit exhausted yesterday, so I did Tracey Anderson's Post Pregnancy workout, which is a killer abdominal session, and a bit of pilates. Couldn't face jumping around.

Today, however, I have recovered my energy, so I plan to do a session of Billy Blanks taebo and if I have time, a half hour of aerobics and, of course, follow it up with pilates. It's the end of my workout week today, so I'll give it everything to make me feel like I deserve the weekend off! :p Plus, it's the first weekend in ages where we have absolutely nothing to do, nowhere to be and no one to see.

Also thinking about dinner . . . hmm. Fridge is looking a bit bare - might have to go do some shopping. :D

alleysgurl 02-11-2011 05:53 AM

Today is the first day that I am able to walk around with out looking like I've ridden a horse for 24hrs strait! :p I'm starting to feel really good though. It's been a good week but I am looking forward to relaxing a bit this weekend.
This coming Monday is Valentine's Day. I actually think me and the hubby are going to stay home and play the Wii together. We haven't had the chance to play together since we got it.

As far as dinner...I'm preparing something not so nutritious for Sunday. It's a Chili Con Carne recipe that marinates for over 24 hrs and then has to set in beer for several more hours or something like that. haha I need to look at the recipe again.

Have a great weekend! Good job this week....keep up the good work!

behaze 02-14-2011 12:13 PM

Hey! How was your Valentine's Day? Hope you got some good gaming in! :D

My partner took the day off work and decided that we, also, would do nothing all day except sit in front of the telly, playing the Wii. He even dragged our giant TV into the bedroom so we could be more comfortable. Then, of course, we went out to get a few healthy snacks for the day. That was where I went wrong - healthy snacks, sure, if you're eating a single serving . . . :rolleyes:. Should have stuck with the veggies.

So, weigh-in today. I gained 100g, which is about 3oz. But all is good. I'm still happy with how my body shape is changing (starting to lose the roll around the back of my bra now!), so I'm not discouraged at all. How did you go this week?

Meggietye 02-14-2011 01:20 PM

wow what kind of scale do you have that measures 3 oz increments?? I need something better than what I have, BTW it is nice to meet you..I am Nancy :)

alleysgurl 02-15-2011 01:36 AM

It's great to just relax every now and then. I hear ya on the low calorie snacks. lol I got a box of yogurt covered pretzels, supposed to have 100 calories per pack...I ate like 3 packs! haha
Anyway, I did really great until I made the chocolate covered strawberries. Let's see, I rolled some in toasted coconut, rolled some in mixed nuts, drizzled white chocolate over the dark chocolate..BUT, I did have a spicy chicken salad before I ate a handful. :)

alleysgurl 02-15-2011 01:36 AM

Hi Nancy,
Welcome to our thread!
I'm Jessica

alleysgurl 02-15-2011 02:29 AM

Just did my weigh in....gained 1lb. :(
BUUUUUUUUUT, my cardio is definitely improving as well as my muscle tone. :)

behaze 02-22-2011 01:16 PM

Hey Jessica!

Sorry I've been missing this week. My computer died and we've just had it fixed. Back now!

Your gain is a bummer, but it's really nice to be able to see some muscle definition, isn't it? Are you feeling stronger and more healthy, too?

How did you go with this week's weigh in? I lost 600g, about 1.3lbs. Put a lot of hard work into that, yet still surprised as I had a long and boozy weekend which involved a lot of drunk declarations of 'stuff it, I'm hungry so I'm eating it'. So I'm chuffed with my results. Curious, however, as to how I'd have done if I hadn't been quite so juvenile for those couple of days. Still, it's not too often I get a kid-free weekend!

Yum. Those strawberries sound fantastic. Are you still using the Wii Fit?

behaze 02-22-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meggietye (Post 36247)
wow what kind of scale do you have that measures 3 oz increments?? I need something better than what I have, BTW it is nice to meet you..I am Nancy :)

Hi, Nancy!

I weigh myself weekly on the Wii Fit Board but as I'm Australian, it weighs in grams and kilograms. I used a converter on the internet to figure out ounces/pounds so Jessica knows what I'm talking about :D

Hope you're going well with your weight loss goals!

alleysgurl 02-23-2011 05:43 AM

I was wondering where you had gone! lol Glad to know you're back up and running strong. Congrats on the weight loss! You did great even with a party of a weekend. :p
I lost 1 lb so I'm happy. I just cant believe that I'm not losing any more than this. It's a little discouraging but we'll manage!
I am still using the Wii fit as well as the Wii Active Plus. Love it!

behaze 02-23-2011 01:06 PM

A pound lost is no small feat, so well done! :D

Don't get discouraged. I think of it this way - if I'd started six months ago, I could right now be maintaining. I don't want to look back in six months time and wish I'd stuck with it, because then I'd have to start all over again. Although I have to admit I'm kind of starting to enjoy the exercise.

Tell me something you can see changing. For example, when I bend with one knee supporting my weight, the knee is no longer a tremulous and blunt stub. Now I can see thigh muscle and a little dip before a somewhat defined kneecap. That's a good feeling.

What sort of exercises do you do with the Active Plus?

alleysgurl 02-24-2011 03:19 AM

Very true. Thanks for putting it in perspective for me. :o

Changes are good! I too can see some thigh definition. Slight but it IS there. haha
I noticed yesterday that my hip area is trimming up. It's not rounded like it has been.

What do you enjoy doing most on the Wii?

On Wii Active, boxing is most enjoyable to me. I'd like to get more into that but right now I'm just following their cardio quickstart program. I figure I'll do that for another week or so before I customize my own program.

I'm getting ready to change up my diet a little. I'm going to focus more on lower carb foods. Any changes in your diet?

behaze 02-25-2011 09:18 AM

I enjoy most playing Zelda on the Wii. :D My partner controls the nunchuk and I control the wiimote. It's definitely co-operative playing, but very fun when we can get in sync with each other. We actually just finished the latest Zelda and are waiting on the release date for the next one. Don't do much exercise on it anymore, though. I used to like the hula-hooping.

I'm waiting on a new DVD to arrive - Billy Blanks 'Freestyle Funk', which combines tae bo and dancing, so that will be fun.

Diet changes - yep! For breakfast, I used to have cereal, two pieces of toast with peanut butter and a milky, sweet coffee. Now I'm down to a poached egg with Worcestershire sauce and a cup of tea (one sugar) with a slice of toast if I'm feeling particularly hungry. It's quite amazing to think that just in the space of a couple of weeks, my body has adjusted to eating less. I've also pulled out all my old low-fat recipe books and made up menus for the week so I buy only what I need and leave little for idle snacking.

I have a packet of miso paste in my fridge which I'll use with assorted vegetables to make soup for lunch if I feel like something hot, otherwise it's high-fibre crispbread piled high with salad vegetables and Danish feta (can't give up my feta).

Also astounding is how long a banana can keep you going. Shame the cyclone has pushed the cost of bananas up almost threefold. :rolleyes:

I usually get the munchies around 9pm so I used to start alternating between the open fridge and the open pantry at about 9.05pm. Now I just make myself a cup of tea when I start feeling like something 'deep fried and smothered in chocolate'.

What sort of changes are you planning for next week (or are you implementing them now)? What carbs are you planning on cutting down on, or cutting out?

I'm off for the weekend, so I'll chat to you on Monday! Have a lovely weekend!

Meggietye 02-25-2011 10:34 AM

I am fairly new here as well, been in about 3 weeks. We are in central Canada where it is snowy and super dooper cold at -41 today with the windchill factor!! We bundled up and went out for lunch and a few errands now we are home relaxing with the fireplace and I am planning dinner.

It is great to eat fruit and veggies but did you know you need protein at each meal as well? We eat a pretty lean menu here but I make sure to serve a protein to make us satisfied and our bodies healthy, even our salads have some meat or eggs or tofu.

I am eating 1400-1500 cal per day, I can't even imagine taking in only 600. In the summer when it is really hot, often it is +35 c I can barely eat anything but soup and light salads, is it like that for you now in your heat? We heard about the terrible flooding in Oz and feel so much for the people and animals in those horrid conditions.

Isn't fitday a great place? I am really enjoying the food and activity journalling, last weekend I logged all my measurements and will do it again next month. For exercise I like to do Oxycise which is an aerobic breathing system a bit like Greer's but this you can do on a full stomach and I like it Way better. I also love walking outside but my energy levels can be low (I have cancer) so I just work around that. I am doing well.

We have 6 grown kids and 12 grandkids and are happily married and living in the country. My husband is a retired physician and I am an aesthetician.

It is time to get dinner organized. I hope to be in soon!

Meggietye

behaze 02-28-2011 02:01 PM

Oh, I wish I could live where it snows! Even just someplace that has definite seasons would be lovely.

I've increased my calories to about 1000-1200. And I use protein powder after each session of exercise to help with the muscle tone and rehabilitation. I have found it really does ease the soreness.

Over the weekend, I saw family for the first time in a few weeks. My partner's mother noticed, 'you've lost weight'. I was most pleased with a comment following that, which was, 'you're looking athletic'. That definitely made me feel good, considering the effort I've put into it.

Good for you, Meggietye, and your goals for getting yourself fit and strong. The people on this forum are really so supportive.

Ladies, it is weigh-in day. I've lost 800g this week (about 1.7lbs), so I'm all positive and full of enthusiasm! :D Even put in an extra session of cardio this morning because I'm feeling hyped up.

How did you guys go?

This is also the fourth week of weighing. Shall we have a monthly 'total weight lost' reporting day, too?

alleysgurl 03-01-2011 02:01 AM

If I want snow, I have to drive 4hrs north to be able to see it! lol

behaze, it sounds like you're on a roll! That's really great! I have to be honest...I'm getting a little discouraged. We've been doing this for 4 weeks now and my weight loss is only 2 lbs. TOTAL. I've been eating really healthy and working out! I think if I cut out most of the carbs then I should be able to jump start my weight loss again. On the up side, my cardio is definitely improving and I've lost a couple of inches.

Do you notice weight gain when you're on your monthly cycle? I am on the tail end of mine and I'm scared to death to get on the scale today.

I'll be back to post my weight for the week.