Community
Notices

New To Fitday

Old 03-01-2011, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I gained weight during my period. So don't be upset if you've gained this week, as it should settle down again next week.

Cutting right back on the carbs has, I think, helped me. Maybe give it a go for a week or two and see if it makes a difference for you? Also, how are you going with the exercise? Are you just using the Wii Fit, or doing other things, as well? Perhaps you could shake things up a bit by doing something different one or two days a week, like a DVD or a jog or swimming or something?

Keep being proud of your achievements! The scales may not be your friend this month, but the mirror is, isn't it? You can see the changes, so don't give up!
Old 03-02-2011, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah, the scale showed that I gained 3lbs! YIKES. Hopefully it'll give me a good number next week. lol
I do cardio and strength training 4 days a week and aerobics 2-3 days a week. Maybe I need to increase the time or the amount of reps.
Last night my husband asked if I wanted to run with him for about 10 min. He didn't think I could do it...but, I did! I've always wanted to run with him.

Do you have that one pair of pants that you can put on to judge how your body is changing? If so, how often do you try them on?
Old 03-02-2011, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

With the 'fat pants', not as such. I do have a pair of jeans that were too small for me but I wore anyway because they were the only jeans I had (always with a baggy top to hide the sliced-in-half look). I have not yet tried those on. I do have a steel-boned underbust corset which I actually tried on two nights ago. Last time I had that on (start of January), I was working out what I was going to wear to a gig and that corset basically made me look like a raw sausage clamped in a steel vice with oozage at top and bottom. Not a good look. Anyway, post-try-on, I now need a smaller size. My partner was very impressed.

We're actually going to try a new set of DVDs, the P90X series? I don't know if you've heard of them. I came across them through the internet, saw the success story photos and now I want to try it. The girls look a little muscular for my tastes, but if I stick to lower weights with more reps, I should be right. My partner is even planning to give them a go after he saw the results for the men.

Have you tried Zumba? Depending on your weight/height, you can burn around 600-800 calories an hour, which is about double what you can burn with high-impact aerobics.

That's fantastic with the running! Does your husband run often? Are you going to make it a thing to go for a run every night?

And how about you - have you got 'fat pants'? How often are you trying them on?
Old 03-03-2011, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Look at you! That has to be a great feeling! I have a pair of jeans that I have been trying on once a week. lol My hip area is definitely changing/looking smaller. Not so much in my thigh area though. I can barely see some muscle definition coming out but no shape changes. YET.
Good luck w/the new set of DVD's. I'll have to look into them. I have heard of Zumba, have no idea what exactly it is though.
Alex loves to run. When he was younger/more fit he would run all the time. We would like to run together more.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

Zumba is basically latin dancing - you know, salsa, merengue, samba, etc., with a bit of Egyptian and Spanish. It's a real workout and it's actually fun, even if you're uncoordinated. Oh, and you don't need a lot of room to do it. If you go on youtube, there are heaps of videos which will show you what it is. I'd recommend the original DVDs, though.

It's really great you can see changes in your hips - that's the hardest part for me to lose. I also think it's a wonderful idea for Alex and yourself to go running again! It gives you some 'us' time, too! Do you take the kids with you in prams and such, or do you have a helpful neighbour to look after them?

I am trying to get some exercise today. I am usually halfway through it now, but this morning as I was driving my son to school, I found myself axle-seep in mud. Yup. Completely and utterly bogged. The driveway repair guys came out and leveled it, made it wider, but didn't put road base on it, so now the whole length of it is just one big slick of soft mud. It's been raining all morning and the forecast predicts continued rain for at least 7 more days. Anyway, my son is now bugging me to play with him, because he's excited to have a day off school AND still be going to a friend's house to sleep over tonight. It's all a big holiday for him! I think I'll go easy on the DVD today, as I have at least two more round-trips to make to the end of the driveway and back today, plus the hard yakka trying to get the car out of the nice rut I made. Then tomorrow I'm helping my partner's mother move all her stuff to our place to store while she's overseas for 6 months (if we can figure out a way to get it from the road to the shed), so I think a day going easy won't hurt.

Well, I'm off for the weekend, so keep yourself active and healthy and feeling positive that it'll all pay off in the end. I'll talk to you in a couple of days!
Old 03-04-2011, 01:46 PM
FitDay Member

Default Day 12 using Fitday

I'm midfifties and have been more than 250 pounds for probably 10 years now. Hoping to lose 100 pounds in a year. I'm not telling folks in my life, because I've failed so many times before. Thought I might try conversing with other dieters.
Day 12 and it's been scary easy so far. It's the right time of year for me to start a diet. The promise of spring seems to be a good motivator.
I'm coming out the other side of the break up of a 30 year marriage. I'm starting to feel confident again.
Taking it one day at a time.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Jllybnz! Welcome to our thread!

Good for you for wanting to make a change in your life. Stick with it, because no matter what age you are, it might just give you a few more years! We do a weigh in here every Tuesday. You're welcome to join us and share your triumphs and not-so-triumphant experiences.

Jessica! How did you go this weekend? I've been thinking about your discouragement and had an idea which might suit you better and perhaps take the focus off the scales and put it more on the body. Should we maybe have a measure-up on Tuesdays, too? Or replace the weigh-in with a measure-up?

I'm not really expecting to show a loss this week. We had a going-away party for my partner's mother, who is going overseas for 6 months. 'Nuff said, hey? But I did make many trips down the driveway with 11kgs of baby strapped to my front and grocery bags full of a week's worth of food. So it might have evened it all out. Fingers crossed.

Did you go running again?
Old 03-07-2011, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Weigh-in.

Well, that was unexpected, considering my not-too-well-behaved weekend. A loss of 1.7kgs, which is 3.7lbs. Maybe having an extra day off exercising was a good idea? I don't know, but I'm pleased.

How did you go?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hey...Hey! Sorry I haven't made a peep for a couple of days.

Jllybnz, welcome! You have to embrace the change. There will be so much happiness and peace when you can embrace the new you.

So, I lost 4 lbs! I figured it would be a big number since last week I was on my period. I know it's mainly water weight but it's a loss, isn't it? I'm 10lbs away from my first goal weight! behaze, you are dropping the weight! That's awesome! Hauling a baby thru mud might just become a new weight loss craze. haha
What's your weather like today?

Alex and I haven't had the chance to run together again. All 3 of the kiddos have been sick.

BTW, this week I started using Splenda instead of sugar in my coffee. Trying to cut back those carbs...
Old 03-08-2011, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

YAY!!! Go Jessica! That's awesome. I bet you did a little victory dance when the scale showed you a 4lb loss, hey?

I hope your kids are all better now. I'm fortunate in that my 8yo hasn't been sick a day in his life, and so far, neither has my 10mo (though while I was working, I still took days off to tend to my 'sick kids', naughty me).

The weather is actually turning really cold. I have thought, for the past few years, the seasons are coming earlier. We're all sitting here in tracky-daks and jumpers and I had to put the heater on in the baby's bedroom the other night (then saw the spark inside the casing and smelt something burning and switched it straight off, unplugged it and took it far, far away from his room). And yes, it's still raining a bit, but the driveway guys have come back and scraped all the mud off the driveway so I can get my car in and out. One of them came up and picked me up from the house and took me to the car, then returned me to the house whenever I had to go out (what a nice guy), but that was perfect timing, because the clip on my baby carrier broke, so I was walking funny to try and distribute the weight and keep him from falling out. They've now left it to let it dry out (ha! not likely at the moment, I think) and will come back in a few days and lay some road base on it.

I got my p90x DVDs yesterday, so my partner and I are starting that on Monday. I can't wait. Though it does, I have heard, halt weight loss for the first month while it's building up some muscle. But at the end of the 90 day program, I know I'm going to be stronger, healthier and smaller.

Good for you for substituting your sugar. What other diet changes are you making? When do you think you'll be able to get back out and do some running? Have you managed to exercise while your kids have been ill, or has runnign around after them been exercise enough?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.