FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   New To Fitday (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/3219-new-fitday.html)

behaze 02-08-2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by Renfred (Post 35374)
Hi everyone on this forum, Me join newly and 25y, 5'7", 120.2 pounds. Wanted to increase weight up to 130 pounds, any suggestion's or comment's most appreciable.........

Hello to you, also, Renfred!

I've never needed to research how to healthily put weight on. You'd probably find some very helpful suggestions in the 'Exercise' section. You could possibly add your own thread here under 'Newbies'. The moderators (who seem to be quite knowledgeable) do look through them, as do other members who have their heads wrapped around nutrition. They'd probably have some good ideas.

In any case, we're happy to share your journey, too. Welcome!

alleysgurl 02-09-2011 04:00 AM

Welcome Cueball! We're here to encourage you. As a mother, it's really hard to find/make time but when we do, it's so rewarding. I've just started waking up a good 2 hrs before my kids wake up. :D

behaze 02-09-2011 04:01 PM

Holy bejeepers, Jessica. If I got up two hours earlier than my kids, I'd be awake at 3.30am! Though I can't really complain. As I get up, my partner is driving to work, so in comparison, I'm getting a lovely big sleep-in (it does mean, though, on the weekend, he gets to sleep in until 9am . . .:rolleyes:)

How have you guys gone today? Did you all get some exercise in?

alleysgurl 02-10-2011 01:53 AM

My kids are great sleepers. They don't go to bed until 10:30pm which means they sleep until 8:30-9am. It works out great! Oh yes, gotta love the weekends. :)

Did really good! Got my exercise in as well as came in lower than my suggested calorie intake! How about you?

behaze 02-10-2011 08:33 AM

Was a bit exhausted yesterday, so I did Tracey Anderson's Post Pregnancy workout, which is a killer abdominal session, and a bit of pilates. Couldn't face jumping around.

Today, however, I have recovered my energy, so I plan to do a session of Billy Blanks taebo and if I have time, a half hour of aerobics and, of course, follow it up with pilates. It's the end of my workout week today, so I'll give it everything to make me feel like I deserve the weekend off! :p Plus, it's the first weekend in ages where we have absolutely nothing to do, nowhere to be and no one to see.

Also thinking about dinner . . . hmm. Fridge is looking a bit bare - might have to go do some shopping. :D

alleysgurl 02-11-2011 05:53 AM

Today is the first day that I am able to walk around with out looking like I've ridden a horse for 24hrs strait! :p I'm starting to feel really good though. It's been a good week but I am looking forward to relaxing a bit this weekend.
This coming Monday is Valentine's Day. I actually think me and the hubby are going to stay home and play the Wii together. We haven't had the chance to play together since we got it.

As far as dinner...I'm preparing something not so nutritious for Sunday. It's a Chili Con Carne recipe that marinates for over 24 hrs and then has to set in beer for several more hours or something like that. haha I need to look at the recipe again.

Have a great weekend! Good job this week....keep up the good work!

behaze 02-14-2011 12:13 PM

Hey! How was your Valentine's Day? Hope you got some good gaming in! :D

My partner took the day off work and decided that we, also, would do nothing all day except sit in front of the telly, playing the Wii. He even dragged our giant TV into the bedroom so we could be more comfortable. Then, of course, we went out to get a few healthy snacks for the day. That was where I went wrong - healthy snacks, sure, if you're eating a single serving . . . :rolleyes:. Should have stuck with the veggies.

So, weigh-in today. I gained 100g, which is about 3oz. But all is good. I'm still happy with how my body shape is changing (starting to lose the roll around the back of my bra now!), so I'm not discouraged at all. How did you go this week?

Meggietye 02-14-2011 01:20 PM

wow what kind of scale do you have that measures 3 oz increments?? I need something better than what I have, BTW it is nice to meet you..I am Nancy :)

alleysgurl 02-15-2011 01:36 AM

It's great to just relax every now and then. I hear ya on the low calorie snacks. lol I got a box of yogurt covered pretzels, supposed to have 100 calories per pack...I ate like 3 packs! haha
Anyway, I did really great until I made the chocolate covered strawberries. Let's see, I rolled some in toasted coconut, rolled some in mixed nuts, drizzled white chocolate over the dark chocolate..BUT, I did have a spicy chicken salad before I ate a handful. :)

alleysgurl 02-15-2011 01:36 AM

Hi Nancy,
Welcome to our thread!
I'm Jessica