Notices

Hello, from the snowy East Coast!

Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello, from the snowy East Coast!

I joined FitDay immediately after a consultation with a personal trainer one week ago. I am tracking my calorie intake and activity with full DISCLOSURE for the first time in my many years of yo-yo dieting. I'm finally being HONEST and TRUE to myself.

I decided to purchse 6 sessions to really get a jumpstart on a good workout program for me. And, to lose 10 pounds before heading south on March Break!!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

being true and honest to yourself will get you far! Good luck and welcome to FitDay.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

It's true, you only cheat yourself if you're not honest. Glad to have you aboard and look forward to chatting. Good luck on your journey and enjoy your personal trainer. Whereabouts on the east coast are you?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay!

10 pounds by March? No problem!

If you put a little effort into tracking your food and exercise on FitDay you can't fail.

Stay warm, fellow NEaster and don't hesitate to ask if you need any help or advice.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-26-2011, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you and welcome aboard, you're gonna love this forum. Why is it that promises we make to ourselves are the hardest to keep? I've been thinking that I need to hire a personal trainer too, but it's very expensive around here and there are not too many choices.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes, personal trainers are expensive. My gym was offering 6 sessions for the price of 5, so I thought I would give it a try and see what I was capable of achieving. The workouts have been tough, but definitely worth every drop of sweat and calorie burned!

I'm still faithfully and honestly tracking all morsels of food; what an eye-opener! I realize know how many "empty" calories I was sneaking in before I started logging everything.
@ Michael - Thanks. We've finally come out of our deep freeze (-37C wind chill earlier this week!) Good ol' snowstorm today.
@cjohnson728 - I'm in New Brunswick, Canada. You?
@1gt4.6 - Thanks, and good luck to you, too.
@almeeker - I picked the personal trainer from my gym whom I knew would push me to my limits. Why not try a workout buddy? You could encourage each other. I hope to find someone with a similar schedule as mine to workout with after my last session.

Have a great day, everyone!