Notices

New to fitday, not to the weight loss thing...

Old 01-26-2011, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default New to fitday, not to the weight loss thing...

Hey all! As the topic of this post indicates, I'm not new to weight loss, body image issues, and all the stuff that goes with it.

About a year and a half ago I started becoming aware of what I was eating and began exercising more. This summer I really kicked it up, and went from 162 pounds in fall of 2009 to 138-140 in fall of 2010. Since then, I've basically been plateaued. Part of this has to do with me being in something of an eating rut, and I have frequently binged due to stress and boredom (and, as I just learned, hypothyroidism isn't helping things). It sucks, and it is completely NOT what I was doing this summer, and I seem to have lost the mindset I had then.

I'm here to figure things out, track what I eat, sort of try cutting out as much processed food as I can while in college (difficult to do, let me tell you!) and connect with other people working towards goals of their own (or maintaining!)

Okay that was a bit long... but yeah. I'm not going to start tracking until tomorrow, and I'm setting some long-term goals for myself: lose 10 pounds in 3-4 months (VERY slow, I know, but I think slow and steady is probably better at this point), continue maintaining my fitness despite hypothyroidism and patello-femoral syndrome messing things up.

Woo! Let's do this.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Hey,
I'm a college student too and I think it's really hard to eat healthy when you're constantly stressed with classes and can't afford organic food. Good luck!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay!

I think you'll find logging your food into FitDay to be very helpful. It gives you a base line to work from and helps keep you accountable. If you need help or advice, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-26-2011, 11:08 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard, fitday is a great tool if you can find the time to use it. Are you living in your own place or in the dorm? I maintained a very clean diet through much of college, and believe it or not, once you get started, you'll find it's not that complicated. You just have to make changes one at a time, do a little planning and schedule regular trips to the grocery store. Trust me, now is the time to build a healthy lifestyle, cause once you add kids, a spouse, the kids sports schedules, the spouses travel schedule and whatever else is going on in the community, you'll know just how complicated living clean can be.