Notices

Hello - Newbie joined today! :-)

Old 01-24-2011, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello - Newbie joined today! :-)

Hi All..
My name is Helen-
Im in Virginia.. and I am starting a reducing plan a.k.a. (Diet) today

The site says I am (obese) at 50 pounds overweight- hmm?
thought of myself as (overweight)... (obese) sounds harsh..
but whatever it takes! I am tired of being unfit.. I am an active young 47.
I workout 5+ times a week- Outdoors gal doing lots of things, Kayak, Swim, Bike, Hike, Camp, SnowSki, rollerblade, rollercoasters you name it! But, I packed on an extra 17 pounds in the past year- which has made everything
tight or unwearable..

I was wearing a size 16 nicely- now edging back up to 18- (Not acceptable) especially since I got rid of them all in 2009' swearing to continue to drop to a 12 or 14..

So, Im here doing some (Drastic) losing in the next 30 days.. for a Ski Trip Feb 28. to Utah... (*Cant fit in my expensive Ski Pants comfortably without losing 10-15 pounds) Asap..

But for the long run- I want the #50 off for good!

I am doing my own plan... consits of (Slimfast, Juicing, Fruit/nuts during the day -- and Healthy low-fat Dinners, Salads) Keeping calories < 1500
and Exercise 6 days a week- (ZUMBA, Elyptical, Treadmill, Bike, Weights)
30-45 min cardio in the gym-- or Zumba 1hr class.

So, any comments, suggestions, encouragers, buddies all of the above welcome!! Im gonna need it... THANKS for reading!!
Helen
Old 01-24-2011, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum, you're gonna love it here. You sound a lot like me, only I let 50 become much more, YIKES!!! It's far better to attack 50 extra pounds then to wage war on 124, trust me on this one. You can do it, fitday is a great tool - if you use it. Skiing by the way is a great workout. You might want to check out the 7-Day Motivational thread, a bunch of us make goals on Monday and then post our progress all week. The thread is started over every week, so if the last list didn't go so well, it's all new come Monday morning.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Helen, welcome to FitDay--if you work your plan, it sounds like you'll make your goal.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-24-2011, 02:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,
I'm Kim and I joined today also. I'm 42, and have two wonderful children and a husband of 23 years. I also have about 30 pounds that I have kept on since I had my kids that I haven't been able to get rid of for 14 years... have tried many different things with different degrees of (mostly non-) success. I have always suspected that I am eating more than I think I am, so I am trying this site out to calculate every single bite I take. We shall see what happens.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay...to both of you!

I call logging my food...playing with my food!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard Helen & Kim. If you have any questions, just ask.