FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Here I go again! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/3097-here-i-go-again.html)

Jositopia 01-21-2011 10:04 AM

Here I go again!

Hi, just want to introduce myself and try to get back on track. I've been overweight my entire adult life. Am a great loser when it comes to getting weight off...it is the keeping it off part that seemed to catch up with me. However, I have been successful at keeping off 100lbs I lost in 2004 and now I think it is time for me to lose more.

I bought FitDay back in 2004 and had installed it on my home computer and it was a fantastic tool. It helped me stay motivated. When the version I have now didn't work with my new netbook I wanted to purchase a new one, but when I looked on your site there wasn't a version compatible with Windows 7 so I decided to use the free on-line version to get me started and keep me motivated again.

I'm not any good at following my own diet plan...which explains all the Yo-Yo'ing I have done in the past so I needed to find something else. Something that won't eat up my wallet with pre-made meals and something I continue to use after I reach my goal. I thought the Rice Diet would work for me...it didn't...I like salt and meat.

So now I'm on to the 17 Day Diet. I think this one just might work for the long haul. I read the book cover to cover and think the cyclic way the diet works and still incorporating carbs I could do it. HOWEVER, one step at a time...first to get through the first Cycle of 17 days.

Keep your Fingers crossed for me!

01gt4.6 01-21-2011 10:24 AM

good luck and congrats on keeping off the 100 pounds. I think it may be easier to lose than maintain... or at least for me.

RunbikeSki 01-21-2011 10:27 AM

Re-Welcome, and good luck Jositopia. Most of us here know that regardless of the specific diet plan, simply, honestly, keeping track of what goes in our mouths is a huge contributor to keeping on track and on task. I look forward to reading all about your experiences and progress!

mecompco 01-21-2011 10:28 AM

A big congrats to you for keeping those 100 pounds off. Something I have heretofore been unable to do. I'm great at losing weight, even better at gaining weight. Not so good at maintaining a weight. What's your secret? :D

Oh, and welcome to the forums! How much more are you trying to lose?

Please feel free to check into our 100+ pounds to lose thread in the Diet Tips forum--we'd love to have you, even if you don't have that much left to go.

Regards,
Michael

Jositopia 01-23-2011 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 32955)
good luck and congrats on keeping off the 100 pounds. I think it may be easier to lose than maintain... or at least for me.

So true...I am a great loser lost thousands of pounds, but maintaining has always been a problem. ;)

Jositopia 01-23-2011 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 32957)
Re-Welcome, and good luck Jositopia. Most of us here know that regardless of the specific diet plan, simply, honestly, keeping track of what goes in our mouths is a huge contributor to keeping on track and on task. I look forward to reading all about your experiences and progress!

Thank you for the welcome! :D

Jositopia 01-23-2011 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by mecompco (Post 32958)
A big congrats to you for keeping those 100 pounds off. Something I have heretofore been unable to do. I'm great at losing weight, even better at gaining weight. Not so good at maintaining a weight. What's your secret? :D

Oh, and welcome to the forums! How much more are you trying to lose?

Please feel free to check into our 100+ pounds to lose thread in the Diet Tips forum--we'd love to have you, even if you don't have that much left to go.

Regards,
Michael

Hi Michael...my secret? To be honest I got a little obsessive about my scale...a day didn't go by I didn't get on it twice a day and if it fluctuated more than 3 lbs I was back to watching what I ate for the next week.

Actually I still need to lose another 120lbs...that is my new goal for the next year...so I'll poke around and find the 100+ to lose thread.