Notices

Why not now and why not me!!

Old 01-17-2011, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Why not now and why not me!!

Wow- I can"t believe I am posting. I always am a browser on all the sites I have been on. BUT I guess if I post I am putting myself out there and saying I am going for it. I hate starting "over again" because all I remember is that each time I have "failed". I am excited TODAY so I will begin TODAY!!! Why not- why can't this be the time it works!! Seriously- why not now and why not me? I read about everyone's success. I can do it!!! Thank you for letting me read, chat and get support!!!

Goals TODAY:
1. Drink 8 cups of water
2. Watch my portions
3. Work out- already done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. 5 fruits and veggies

I will start with this today!!!
Old 01-17-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by edllm
Wow- I can"t believe I am posting. I always am a browser on all the sites I have been on. BUT I guess if I post I am putting myself out there and saying I am going for it. I hate starting "over again" because all I remember is that each time I have "failed". I am excited TODAY so I will begin TODAY!!! Why not- why can't this be the time it works!! Seriously- why not now and why not me? I read about everyone's success. I can do it!!! Thank you for letting me read, chat and get support!!!

Goals TODAY:
1. Drink 8 cups of water
2. Watch my portions
3. Work out- already done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4. 5 fruits and veggies

I will start with this today!!!
Welcome to the FitDay forums.

Yes, you CAN succeed, and it sounds like you're off to a great start.

My advice is to enter all your food intake into FitDay. Weigh and measure portions, at least for a while. Figure out your calorie deficiet and how much you can eat to maintain your desired rate of loss.

Oh, and try not to think of "all the weight" you want to lose. Just think about losing one pound. Losing one pound is easy, right? Anyone can lose one pound. All you need to do is lose one, and repeat as neccessary.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to FitDay! Like Michael said, logging everything is important, and focus on the mini goals.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all!

This logging is a change for me. I know I've heard many times that it's helpful, but always thought to myself "what a bother". And never been successfull at previous attempts.

Now I'm logging Everthing faithfully. If everything is there I can't fool myself into thinking "I'm not eating that much".

I'm a convert!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:35 AM
FitDay Member

"All you need to do is lose one, and repeat as neccessary."

Great quote Michael. I'm going to steal it for my e-mail diet group. Several of my friends weight in every tuesday by e-mail.

Mary
Old 01-18-2011, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default what diet plan using?

Thank you all for your support and comments. I feel good today too. Yay- 2 days!!!

Question- what eating plan do you follow? Not sure- what to do.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:24 AM
FitDay Member

I'm counting calories and increasing exercise. That is the only hting that has ever worked long term for me. I've tried most of the fad diets -- and I lose -- and I gain with interest. Learning to eat well for life and getting active are my goals. I find when I over do it I can get back on track much easier than on a fad diet.

Everyone needs to find what works for them. I need to journal and weight daily. I do set two days a week that I record my weight so I don't have to record all the ups and downs. When i stop journaling I fall back into bad habits.

I find no increase in appetite with increased activity - in fact usually the opposite. And I like the reward of being able to journal the calories used up.

Using the forums also helps keep me motivated.

Good luck whichever diet you choose.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

How do you journal? A lot of people i have talked to discussed tracking and journaling but it just seems so overwhelming.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by edllm
How do you journal? A lot of people i have talked to discussed tracking and journaling but it just seems so overwhelming.
Well, that's why FitDay is so great--it makes tracking your food and exercise easy! I don't personally log my moods, or "journal" my feelings (not that there's anything wrong with that) but FitDay lets you do that, too.

I would start with tracking your food. That is most important. Enter every single thing you eat or drink for a week. That will give you an idea of your average calorie intake.

Once you've got that going, enter your body stats--height, weight, age and so forth.

When the week is up, you will know how many calories you consume on average. Now, you can see how many calories your body burns a week.

Now comes the magic: Decide on a calorie intake level that is less than your body burns and you WILL lose weight. It's really that easy.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need advice. We're here to help!

Regards,
Michael