Notices

newbie needing inspiration

Old 01-17-2011, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default newbie needing inspiration

Hello.
My names Debby im 50 years old and weigh in at 218 lbs today.! I have recently had 2 heart attacks on the same day which has left me with chronic heart failure...some days i can bearly get out of bed and other days i feel like i can run a marathon ( i never could before so i dont really think i can now lol!!!) I really need to get my weight down for health reasons but i am my own worse enemy if someone says dont i do!!
I also need a regime that i can stick to without causing me anymore harm...
I can not do exercises other than the walking i do everyday now as given by my cardiologist i also suffer from hardening muscles which make it difficult for me to move around though before my HAs i was working as an assistant manager in a shop and was very active so not being able to move depresses me so much which results in overeating you know the ropes lol... I just need buddies to egg me on thank you xxxx
Old 01-17-2011, 01:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Debby, welcome to the forum. I was actually heavier than you when I started this, and probably shorter. You don't really say how tall you are or what you want/need to weigh, but you might want to check out some of the regular groups, there is a 15-20 pound thread and a couple of threads for 100+ pounds, one for ladies and one for both genders (you don't need to lose 100lbs to join, the overall number isn't important). You might also want to look in on the 7-Day motivational thread. That one is interesting because we all make a short list of goals for the week, and then try to report every day on our progress. The lists change, so you can take this whole lose-weight/get-healthy thing in baby steps. I highly recommend baby steps, instead of changing my life completely from one day to the next, I try and adopt healthy habits one at a time, so there is a better chance of them sticking over the long haul. The trick is to harness your stubborn nature for good instead of evil, right?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:18 AM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard Debby. I'm sorry to hear about your heart issue. I would definately recommend that you keep in close contact with your doctor before starting and during any diet or exercise program. As almeeker said, there are some great threads going on, feel free to jump on it.