Notices

A Southern Newbie

Old 02-02-2010, 11:15 AM
FitDay Member

Smile A Southern Newbie

Hi - I am 51 and live in Germantown, Tennessee and would like to lose 20 lbs. I have just discovered this fantastic site - I love it! I especially like that it does all the cdalculating for me!!!! It has really helped me figure out what I am doing right - and what I am doing wrong!
I started on a "low carb" diet about a week ago - and am just now starting to feel really good - after getting the sugar out of my system.

I am just hoping to get control of this weight I have gained and try to regain control of my life - When I am overweight, I feel so out of control and"scattered".

I am so glad the holidays are over and I can focus on getting in shape without any huge "festivities" on the horizon.

I would love to chat with others who are in a similar situation.
Ciao!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Sparkle...I'm in Georgia, outside Atlanta. I started in the beginning of January and have been faithfully plugging in my stats. I orignially set out to drop 15 and I have lost 8 so far.

I have tremendous respect for your low-carb approach. I could not do that myself. I am a carb-aholic and my mom nicknamed me "starch mouth" as a kid. I know at some point I will need to see the light but for now I am happy drifting along in my little sea of denial, as long as the carbs are complex! One thing at a time.

I can relate to your relief that the holidays are over...ME TOO! As a matter of fact, I was close to goal before and gained 7 pounds over the holidays. I was just not mindful of what I was putting in my mouth (enter Fitday to save the day...) You are right; it feels out of control and I hate that.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

Cassie