Notices

Checking in..

Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Checking in..

Hey all.

Thought I should say a quick hello to everyone.

My story started about 8 years ago. I was back from backpacking around the world and decided to lose weight. I joined this site and managed to lose about 6 stone over the course of 9 months.. it just fell off.

I used the site to work out food and activity, started cycling and weights and really really enjoyed it. I remember thinking how easy it all was, and loved the confidence I had.

Then I started a job where I was on the road a lot, and things just went downhill and I started to put the weight back on.. was hard to eat healthily when buying lunch from petrol stations and the exercise pretty much stopped. I then got married and comfortable and, whilst I am happy, the weight has crept back and more.

I've not got a BMI of over 40 and have decided that I need to do something, and now. I'm 31 and know that it's only going to get harder the longer I leave it.

My plan is to
Reduce calorie intake to approx 1500cals / day.
40 mins exercise per day.
Strict portion control.
Re-educate myself about food and log everything that I eat.
Measure my success - has to be the best motivation.

I'm skint at the moment, so no money for gyms/pool but its really hilly where I live, so brisk walking up the hills should be good to start with.

My mistake the last time was to think that the weight loss was a destination and that I could stop when I got there.. actually it's a journey that will never end (not that that's a bad thing) and I'm looking forward to starting out.

Off for that walk now.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums!

I like your plan--it's pretty much the same as mine, and 100 pounds off in 26 weeks is hard to complain about.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Good luck! i dont have much money myself which is why I just need to educate myself and learn to control my protions and to drink so much more water than im used to which is turning out to be a lil difficult... If its ever bad weather where youa re and cant walk around outside if you have comcast or satalite i'm sure you can just hit "on demand' and do you walk indoors if you dont have a tredmil.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:00 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the replies... much appreciated. Appreciate the encouragement and hope to be able to offer the same to others.

Weather not much good here today and didn't fancy getting drenched, so trawled youtube for some workout inspiration and did squats and lunges a plenty! Pretty pleased to have that as a backup when I'm not feeling the desire to head out.