Notices

new here not new to diets

Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Wink new here not new to diets

HI I am GOING to get healther. Me and my Hubby both have over 100 lbs to lose. We have 3 kids 10, almost 3 and a newly 1 year old. I want to be here for them. I would love to play outside with my girls and play ball with my son. I also would like to teach then to be healthy. my son is on the track to look my husband and me. I HAVE TO CHANGE THAT! So I am taking this one day at a time and changing how and what we eat. I did a work out video today only made it about 1/4 of the way I thought I was going to have a heartattack. I am 33 so I know I need to active but I think I need to start slow?
If you made it this far thanks for reading
Tabetha
Old 01-05-2011, 05:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Tabetha, welcome to the forums. If you work it, 100 pounds can be gone in a matter of months.

It's great that you and your husband are ready to make the commitment to get healthy. Once you set your mind to it, it's really not that hard.

Take the exercise slowly at first and build up your time. When I started it was all I could do to walk 50 ft. (literally!). Now I'm up to almost 1.5 miles in my 20 minute lunch break.

Stick around and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 06:01 AM
Super Moderator

You can do it! It's great that you and your hubby are committed to doing it together - just remember slow and steady wins the race, and do what you feel comfortable doing! Kids are the best reason to take care of yourself.

Happy New Year and good luck!