Notices

First Day As A New Me!

Old 01-03-2011, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Default First Day As A New Me!

Hello everyone My name is Tae'Shawn today is my first day starting a brand new me (That's what Im calling it). I have all positive thoughts and energy right now but I know that will soon fade away, which I why I would love to be a part of you guys/girls family. I really dont have much support in the real world and would love the support from all of you, and of course I will support back! No one left behind in my book! I plan to lose 20-50 lbs by may 1st. Idk if thats possible but I will see!!

I Love You All For Loving Me!!!!
<3 Tae'Shawn! <3
Old 01-03-2011, 04:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Tae'Shawn, welcome to the forums. Yup, you can reach your goal, but you're going to have to have a good plan and work it!

Figure out your daily calorie burn, what calorie defeciet you need to maintain to acheive the weight loss rate you want and see how many calories you can eat a day. The more you exercise, the more you can eat and still lose weight. Of course, the more weight you lose, the less calories you burn so keep that in mind.

Whatever you do, stick with your plan and never give up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hello and welcome aboard. You might want to check out the April Fools Day 10% challenge. It just started and a lot of us are attempting to lose 10% of our body weight by 4/1/11. I think 20-50 pounds is totally do-able. Mike is right you need a plan. The best part of my plan is to forget about sins in the past and start fresh with every bite (well maybe every other bite).
Old 01-03-2011, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Hello and welcome aboard. You might want to check out the April Fools Day 10% challenge. It just started and a lot of us are attempting to lose 10% of our body weight by 4/1/11. I think 20-50 pounds is totally do-able. Mike is right you need a plan. The best part of my plan is to forget about sins in the past and start fresh with every bite (well maybe every other bite).
Thankies both of you...
I feel the support already!!!
I think I may need a little help on my workout plan. Im more of a Cardio person so whats a estimate time I should do everyday?!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by fynetae
Thankies both of you...
I feel the support already!!!
I think I may need a little help on my workout plan. Im more of a Cardio person so whats a estimate time I should do everyday?!
I think that really is up to you. Think about your current fitness level and what time you can realistically devote to it (that you WILL stick with) and what sort of calorie burn you're shooting for.

I would think 30 minutes a day would be a good place to start, if you're up to it. You can always increase time/intensity as you progress. It 30 minutes is too much right now, scale it back. Really "any" exercise you do will help--it is all better than sitting on the couch watching TV.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
I think that really is up to you. Think about your current fitness level and what time you can realistically devote to it (that you WILL stick with) and what sort of calorie burn you're shooting for.

I would think 30 minutes a day would be a good place to start, if you're up to it. You can always increase time/intensity as you progress. It 30 minutes is too much right now, scale it back. Really "any" exercise you do will help--it is all better than sitting on the couch watching TV.

Regards,
Michael
Alright, Thankies for EVERYTHING!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

I calculate you have 17 weeks before May 1st. If you lose 2 pounds/week that would mean you would have lost 34 pounds by May 1st. Since a pound of body weight is equivalent to about 3500 calories you will need to acheive a calorie deficit of about 7000 calories per week or 1000 calories per day to acheive this level of succcess.

Use the Fitday tools to set a weight goal and to help you calculate your Base Metabolic Rate (BMR) this will help you plan the calories you can eat to acheive this deficit. The more active you are the more calories you can eat. But there is an old saying that you can't out train a bad diet. Good luck and welcome!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:51 AM
FitDay Member

Well 34 not bad... Not bad at all...
Just as long as its inbetween 20-50.
Thanks I REALLY appreciate it!

P.S
I need to learn how to do these signatures u guys have...
They look nice!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default New year new me!

I am also starting afresh for the new year- I want to lose 22 pounds by the 1st April. I am so glad I have found this site and can't believe it is free I am hoping it will keep me on track as I tend to do really well on a diet for the first 2/3 weeks then fall off it- I am hoping that tracking everything I do and eat will give me a better understanding of my areas of improvement and keep me motivated to reach my target weight. I have loved reading about everyones success stories so far- how much has this site helped? what are the main benefits?

Looking forward to chatting and adding some success stories of my own,:)

Vicki
Old 01-03-2011, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by victoria.stewart
I am also starting afresh for the new year- I want to lose 22 pounds by the 1st April. I am so glad I have found this site and can't believe it is free I am hoping it will keep me on track as I tend to do really well on a diet for the first 2/3 weeks then fall off it- I am hoping that tracking everything I do and eat will give me a better understanding of my areas of improvement and keep me motivated to reach my target weight. I have loved reading about everyones success stories so far- how much has this site helped? what are the main benefits?

Looking forward to chatting and adding some success stories of my own,

Vicki
I strongly agree. I haven't been off this site since I found out about it. I was telling a friend how after every post I smile cause I feel the love and support. I wish you luck on your success Vicki I know you can do it. I can just see us now laughing and showing off our new pics to each other!
As I always say... "I Love You All For Loving Me!"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.