Notices

Looking for Buddies! (Super Newbie)

Old 01-03-2011, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Count me in...

Lost 100 pounds. 87.5 more to go. Could use a little motivation. Sounds good to me.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

that's awesome Janet!! way to go!

do you have any tips for those of us starting?

ugh, I need to exercise more. I ate chips at like 2am last night, and I wasn't hungry! I hope I can stop that uncontrollable snacking.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Janet awesome job on the 100 pounds!! Just think, you're over halfway there! How much better do you feel now compared to when you were 100 pounds heavier? Just remembering that will help motivate you!

If anyone has healthy low fat recipes please share them! I have a hard time finding healthy meals that I can fix quickly.

nckct4: Awesome job on the 20 minutes! Didn't it feel great when you were done? Keep it up and before you know it you'll be doing 40 minutes each day!! As for the snacking, I know exactly what you mean! Middle of the night eating is one of my weak points. I can't sleep if I'm hungry so I've found myself getting up and making peanut butter and fluff sandwiches at midnight. I try to stop eating about 2 - 3 hours before bed and drink alot of water to help myself feel full.

Carol
Old 01-04-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

All of the post are motivating to me! I try to snack on healthy foods like fruits and veggies also fat-free and sugar-free foods. I have lost about 23 lbs. since Nov. 18th (around the time I started this free food journal on fitday)!
Old 01-04-2011, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay everyone! I love all the excitement in this thread!

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-04-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Janetschwenn
Lost 100 pounds. 87.5 more to go. Could use a little motivation. Sounds good to me.
Kudos! Feels pretty good, doesn't it?

Keep it up and don't look back.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-05-2011, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Talking

Originally Posted by nckct4
I was wondering if there was anyone out there that wanted to be online buddies so we can help motivate each other!
Maybe we can even make up a mini community to help each other with tips, motivation and friendship.

Please reply to this or message me!

(I'm a 30yr old female, looking to become more active and lose 30-40lbs)
Hi i'm in!! I have been with fit day on and off for years only to come back yet again to try. I am 38 with a hubby and 3 kids age 18-14-10 and i weigh 183 right now this past summer i lost 15 lbs but on xmas holidays i gained about 4-5 lbs back so i said time to start again!!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hey looking for buddies

Hey everyone i am looking for buddies to chat with along our journey...anyone interested we can keep in touch on here or through e mail [email protected] hope to hear from some... i am 38 with 3 kids and 183 lbs with 25 lbs i want to lose!!! From CANADA
Old 01-05-2011, 11:21 AM
FitDay Member

I love that this thread is taking off so well and that we're building an awesome support group!

My goal is to lose about 50 pounds by the middle of June (thats when hubby comes back from deployment). Using fitday I've found that to do this I need to lose about 2 pounds a week (2.12 to be exact), and I think this is do-able with hard work and watching the calories! I'm trying to keep my calories below 1600 a day and so far I'm doing pretty well. The good thing is, I haven't really felt hungry so far. I eat three full meals each day as well as a morning and afternoon snack and drink plenty of water.

My exercise right now consists of walking at least 3 miles a day. I plan to up that by a mile per day each week.

If anyone wants to chat via email you can contact me at: [email protected]

Have a great night everyone and an even healthier tomorrow!!

Carol
Old 01-06-2011, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for the advice Carol! I'm glad that the thread is gaining steam too!

I'd love to lose weight and fit into my old clothes again! I think I only wear one pair of sweatpants now.. UGH lol!!

My biggest problem is eating during the day and then stuffing my face at night. I really need to eat breakfast regularly.
I plan on doing my 20 mins today.. miiiight bump it up to 30 or 25 even, something a bit more today would be nice.

Is anyone on Facebook?
my email is [email protected]! Email me and we can buddy up on FB too!