Community
Notices

Hello...

Old 01-02-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello...

Hi, I'm Lisa from Upstate New York. I'm 38 and 2 and 1/2 years ago I had gastric bypass surgery. Initially I lost 180 pounds, but in the last 8 months or so I have put about 50 of it back on! I'm happy I had the surgery because it improved my health dramatically, but I'm so tired of fighting this battle! Surgery is NOT the "easy fix". I need to get a healthy, clear mind before I can have a healthy body for life. Getting support from other people who are in the same boat, mught be just what I need! I'm off on my journey...
Old 01-02-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Lisa. Welcome to the forums. I haven't had surgery, but have considered it in the past. I know a few people who have had it.

I'm glad to see you are taking control of this problem before it gets worse (as you can see, I've "been there, done that" and let things get way out of hand).

I truly think that for some people the logging of food is a neccessary thing. I wish it wasn't, but it is what it is.

Hope you stick around--let us know if you have any questions and how your progress is going.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default i am post too

Hi Lisa, I am also a post op, 9 years in May. The journey has been diffficult at times. I am now trying to figure out what i can do to get off some weight i gained back due to medication (yes, medication). The choice i have, stop taking the medication and be in horrific pain, or do whatever else i can do to take the weight back off. I am unable to even walk a 1/2 block without pain. I am very limited on what i can do physically without pain. So what do i do? My stomach will not tollerate alot of diverse foods. Non of this was an issue until i i got sick and i had restrictions physically, then put on the medication. I dont know what to do