FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Newbie - Macronutrient Calculator (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/27409-newbie-macronutrient-calculator.html)

Martie_Q 07-28-2019 11:54 PM

Newbie - Macronutrient Calculator

Hi All,

just joined here on the advice of Mark Sisson in his book, the Keto Reset Diet, which I am going to start next week. Is there a
macronutrient calculator/food diary on this site somewhere?? Thanks

Martie

Kathy13118 07-29-2019 02:30 AM

Welcome!

It is the 'Log' tab on your dashboard. There is food log, activity log, etc. When you log in foods, the macros will show up in a pie chart or a table to the right.

Jasonwebb 08-04-2019 10:28 AM

Welcome aboard :)

GoodnightGrace 10-15-2019 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy13118 (Post 141008)
Welcome!

It is the 'Log' tab on your dashboard. There is food log, activity log, etc. When you log in foods, the macros will show up in a pie chart or a table to the right.

I'd like to see that as well, and I'm not seeing the pie chart on my food log. Is it something you have to get premium Fitday for? All I have off to the right are ads.

Kathy13118 10-17-2019 05:41 AM

You do not need premium to have that graphic next to your food log. It's been quite a while since I set up my profile, so it may be that setting up your profile and goals is part of the prep work to get that graphic. When you go to your profile, where all the information is stored, such as your e-mail address, an option to change your password, your height and weight units, and some other things, there should be a graphic there. It uses information you've put in the various logs (such as the food log, weight log, etc.). Once you have started logging food for the day, it will accumulate information about the calories. The same graphic appears next to the food log as you add food in.

Log a random food to try it out and see how the calories get broken down for the graphic to display. At the bottom of the graphic, there are the words, for example, 'Calorie intake.' It prompts the display of two pie charts. One has fat, carbs, protein, alcohol portioned out as 'pieces' of the calorie pie. The other does the same for the fat (saturated fat, etc.).

If you click on the 'down arrow' next to the choice 'calorie intake,' it shows you all your choices. Click on each choice and you will see how the display changes. The display uses the information you have used as input to your log (s). 'Calorie breakdown' gives a list and numbers, not a pie chart.

Check out the choices 'calorie balance,' 'calorie intake,' 'calorie breakdown,' 'calories burned,' 'weight history,' 'BMI,' 'measurement history,' 'mood history.'

beatbum 03-17-2020 12:22 PM

fat secret is pretty good. huge database

jasondweller 05-25-2020 02:24 AM

Hi

HarryWild 10-23-2020 02:01 AM

Welcome:)

DonaldBrennan 02-16-2021 11:28 PM

Welcome all!

OsvaldL 02-04-2024 04:33 AM

Welcome