Notices

New to the forums

Old 12-20-2010, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Red face New to the forums

I'm definitely not new to Fitday, but new to the forums. I'm 32 years old and have been on the roller coaster ride from hell since I was about 16 years old. Half my life!!!!!! I'm actually battling an eating disorder and have been told how to eat and that I should be logging my food daily even if it's not what I should be eating. Don't think that having an eating diorder makes you skinny, because I'm not. In June 2005 is was 214 pounds (I'm 5'6"). That was my highest weight. In Feb. 2007 when my husband proposed I was 200 pounds. I decided I didn't want to be a fat bride. Instead of seeking the help of a nutritionist andd therapist I went for the easy approach. Prescription drugs. I managed to get down to 143 lbs when I got married that very same year (in Sept). I was weak, forgetful, cranky and still didn't feel pretty or good about myself even though I had lost all that weight. I decided to stop taking the medication, which I was sure it was affecting my heart, and learn how to take care of myself. This is when the really bad eating disorders came out of me. I was trying desperately to maintain my then 140 lbs, but now 3 years later I am 180 lbs. Ugh! I know what I am supposed to do, but doing it and sticking to it is much harder than it looks on TV. I am dealing with a lot of things right now and dealing with them is the hardest without using food as my escape. But I am learning I can deal with feelings without eating as long as I recognize my habits and patterns. Again, easier said then done. So....... I am here for support and looking for a buddy to be there for me and in return I am here for you. I do like to IM and text if anyone is looking for that kind of support. Thanks for reading my post. I hope to find some friends here!
Old 12-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forums. Sticking to it will be the key to your success. Good luck with your journey.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums. Sticking to it is the key--make the committment and don't look back. Food, like drugs or alcohol is only a temporary escape--sometimes we need to deal with problems head on.

The best of luck to you--I know you'll succeed if you commit and stick!

Regards,
Michael