Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
I don't want to die.. >

I don't want to die..

Community
Notices

I don't want to die..

Old 12-21-2010, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Amber... Beginnings and endings are way more fun than "middles," so if you get stuck or discouraged, fix in your mind the picture of your two little girls. Maybe put a picture of them in a prominent place in the kitchen. The other suggestion I have is do not starve yourself because that will promote bingeing. Choose healthy food, eat when you are hungry, even if it is more than x number of calories on a certain day. Figure out a plan that works for YOU personally. On the plus side, you are young and your body will help you if you give it what it needs. Never mind the past, done is done, now is your time to move forward. Best of luck, never give up, never never never... Noel
Old 12-22-2010, 01:53 AM
FitDay Member

Amber, you're doing great! I so admire you for doing what you're doing, both for yourself and for your girls. I love your attitude. You want to change and you can do it. You can do it. You are doing it. I'm so glad you realize this now when you are young. As others have said, just keep sticking with it, even when it gets hard, especially when it gets hard. Keep your daughters in mind, but also keep yourself in mind. You are worth it, not just because you're a mom but because you are the person you are. It takes great courage to want to change and great courage to make that change. You have that courage, I can feel it in what you wrote. What a gift to yourself and to your girls! The best gift ever. And we here at Fitday will support you. Any time you feel you need help, there are good people here to help, support and encourage you.

Noel, may I ask you your height and weight and an example of what you eat in a given day. I admire your philospohy and would just like some details. I would be willing to give the same. Maybe we should start a different thread on this because I do not want to take away from Amber's achievements and her goals.

Last edited by canary52; 12-22-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Amber in answer to the title of this thread not only do I believe that you will live but I believe that you will live better!!! Healthier and better!!! You're already starting.

BTW something I have used in the past which may sound silly but I offer it to you is a daily affirmation that you are already there. I remember once reading about an actor who used visualizations of himself getting a ridiculously big check for acting services rendered. If I told you the name of the actor, it would sound silly, and even this story, I know, sounds silly, but it did happen. Of course, you still have to take the necessary steps to make it happen; you can't just "wish" it there. We do have to work for our goals. But the attitude is that we have and can have what we want. For example, you don't have to look to the future for the time when you are beautiful, you already are.

Everything you want you already have; it is all within you.

OK now everyone can make fun of me for my "new age nonsense" but it is also Buddhist and also, I suspect, true. It's all there. We just have to realize it and make it happen.

Last edited by canary52; 12-22-2010 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

canary, I totally agree. Our minds will try to align with our truth. If our truth is "I am a person who wishes to be thin" then that's what you'll move towards - a wishing person. If, however, your truth is "I am thin" then that what you move towards - a thin person. Say it, See it, Affirm it aka ...conceive, believe, achieve it
Old 12-22-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Exactly. Thank you so much for putting it this way!!!
Old 12-22-2010, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

today i am down 11 pounds not starving myself....just eating less, better, and moving more. cant wait to start trainig and jumpstart everything.

i have a list of about 15 affirmations i repeat to myself everyday. i have also stopped expecting myself to fail. i know that i can do this, and i am doing it.

thanks for all the kind words and advice canary, i appreciate it!
Old 12-22-2010, 01:58 PM
FitDay Member

a huge well done Amber, you certainly seem to have the right attitude and motivation, the rest should be relatively easy with your mindset. We are all rooting for you, keep us posted!
Old 12-22-2010, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Canary, yes start a new thread if you like and I will give you that info. Inquiring minds, right? Call it the Naturally Thin thread. Merry Christmas... Noel
Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

I did start it. It's in success stories. I have heard from other but not from you. Interested to hear your story.