FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   I beat the smokes but I added some pounds (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/26775-i-beat-smokes-but-i-added-some-pounds.html)

darkcrowes 06-07-2018 11:17 AM

I beat the smokes but I added some pounds

It has been a solid 7 months without a cigarette and I feel good.No urge to smoke but I did put on pounds.Im currently 229 and should be 210.unfortunely it went to my gut and face and I'm 50 not 25 so it's looks like it's going to be stubborn weight to lose.

WannaGetFitNow 06-19-2018 11:08 AM

I'm in the same boat, I'm 53. Would much rather be a little overweight then stick puffing on those cancer sticks. Hang in there and eventually you will be at your ideal weight and free of all the risks and expenses that come with smoking.

mnge 06-19-2018 12:32 PM

Hello and thanks for sharing challenges . . . . and congrats both of you on the healthier long term choices you're making.

Britanie4 06-25-2018 05:59 AM

Smart coffee helps with cravings and also gives you energy and helps to lose weight! I have a link if you are interested

darkcrowes 09-26-2018 02:15 PM

Down to 214 ,smokes no longer an issue.did it all with good old fashion treadmill and weightlifting,I'll stick with reg coffee skim milk with no sugar.thanks all

jamesrcurtis 03-06-2019 06:02 AM

Kudos to you! I, too, would choose the clean lungs over a bit more weight, if I had to. Unfortunately, I can't still kick off my vaping addiction. My way to quit smoking before was through vaping, and I guess the addiction was just changed from cigarettes to vapes. I try for one or two days, then I'm back either to my local vaping shop or online, ordering some e-juice from vaping sites. Deals are just too irresistible at times.

I wonder if my weight would change too if I'm finally able to quit vaping. Currently at 207lbs.

cbdvapegenius 05-06-2020 10:03 PM

If you are looking for some help in quitting smoking tobacco, CBD might be the answer you are looking for. CBD can have a relaxing effect on the mind and body and can calm down nicotine cravings. For someone going through the withdrawal period, CBD can help ease symptoms and can take your mind off smoking. Vaping CBD products can be a great alternative when trying to cut the habit.

jasondweller 05-22-2020 07:16 AM

Wow!congrats both of you on the healthier long term choices you're making.

Fitter12 06-25-2023 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by cbdvapegenius (Post 141798)
If you are looking for some help in quitting smoking tobacco, CBD might be the answer you are looking for. CBD can have a relaxing effect on the mind and body and can calm down nicotine cravings. For someone going through the withdrawal period, CBD can help ease symptoms and can take your mind off smoking. Vaping CBD products can be a great alternative when trying to cut the habit.

I'm looking for the iget bars in Australia. It seems like the iGet Bars vaping devices are gaining immense popularity among enthusiasts. These sleek and compact devices boast impressive features, including extended battery life and customizable airflow options. But what sets them apart is their ability to produce dense and flavorful clouds. Cloud chasers, this might be the next big thing for you! Have any of you tried Iget bars yet? How does it compare to other vaping devices you've used?

P.S: Sorry for bumping a bit old thread.

mysportsshop 06-26-2023 12:20 PM

Great achievement! It's been five years since you posted though, hope still going strong!