New goals of losing body fat, not just weight this time >

New goals of losing body fat, not just weight this time

Community
Notices

New goals of losing body fat, not just weight this time

Old 01-13-2018, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Default New goals of losing body fat, not just weight this time

I like tracking my food on Fitday. I seem to come here once a year or so, it always signifies the beginning of me being serious again. I don't have a ton of bad food tracked here, because once I get here, I am already proving to start to be accountable. The full bags of chips and cookies are always pre FitDay.

So I got a new Body Fat scale just over a week ago. I have been multiplying my weight by my body fat %. That shows me how many pounds of pure fat I have.
It does fluctuate each day so what I am doing is going to write down each day, but then get an average for the week. That may seem cumbersome, but for me looking at lots of numbers is fun.

So far for my first week, I lost 1.15 pounds of fat. My goal is 1 pound of fat per week. I think, it's doable and will make a difference. I wanted to start a post here to help keep me accountable. I will try to do updates, and would love to talk to anyone.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck with this project!

A pound a week is a reasonable goal. And seeing the numbers is motivating!
Old 01-19-2018, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hello. Thanks for your support. On Saturday is where I learn my new weekly average.
This past week I lost 1.09 pounds of fat.
This process is moving in the right direction. I was excited to meet my goal, because there was one day where I swear the scale just came up with a weird high number. But I was able to overcome that and on we go. Good luck everyone this week!