Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
Newbie - after some knowledgeable peoples advice :) >

Newbie - after some knowledgeable peoples advice :)

Notices
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vabeachgirlNYC

Newbie - after some knowledgeable peoples advice :)

Old 01-06-2018, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Newbie - after some knowledgeable peoples advice :)

Hi All
I'm 25 from Australia 5'3 (fairly short) endomorph.

Without giving you my life story, I lost 32 kg 3 years ago and I went from 85 to 53kg

I was doing - Normal diet, around 1300-1400 cals eating 6 x per day more cals when heavily training, calorie/macro counting, eating healthy mainly raw foods still eating a bit of dairy meat and grains.

I put all the weight back on and got back to 90 kg (omggg...) i'm now back down to 83 as of this morning so have started again and going well.

I haven't felt this motivated since when I first lost the weight (i've been big my whole life).

My question IS! ...
Back when I lost the weight last time I ate around 1350 cals on average a day until i got really small i cut it to 1200 (i started on 1500 when i was really big) that worked well for me.

HOWEVER the last month my appetite really just isn't there, I am only eating when i feel physically hungry I dont eat breakfast anymore and fast sometimes until 12 pm. Or just have a coffee with a dash of milk, sometimes black coffee when i'm fasting.

I have no cravings anymore and no desire to eat bad food or even eat much at all.
My day is generally something like no breaky, coffee with a dash of milk, soup/casserole/veggie based dishes for lunch, a home made protein ball/thing or corn thins with peanut butter or oats with salt as a snack and a smoothie for dinner. (it changes a lot but that's an example)

I am only eating between 850-1100 calories per day, which i don't know why (i know it's like nothing) but i feel good (considering i'm a terrible sleeper and only sleep around 4-6 hours a night) and i don't feel the need to eat more. IS this bad for my body will my body store fat, does anyone have thoughts on intermittent fasting, i personally like doing it but some have told me it's not healthy and will have repercussions.

Would basically love to know if what I am doing is ok, i'm losing on average between 800grams - 1.2 kg per week. I don't want to lose anymore than 1.2 as I want to do this relatively slowly but I used to lose .5 kg p/w and it took me 15 months to drop the 32 kg.

I just kinda wanna really speed things up.
I think because I have worked my ass off before I don't have the patience to wait all over again (I know it will be months of hard work but i want it faster!!! ) but i guess that is why i dont want cheat meals and i dont want to eat all the time i'm just that determined to be back with my healthy fit body!!

Thoughts plleeease anyone!? what worked for you?

I don't eat red meat anymore, but I do eat chicken, fish. Trying to eat more vegan like. I pretty much love all foods.
I do weights twice a week(about 30 mins a sesh), interval cardio (about 30 mins) twice a week and yoga once a week.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, I saw where you normally don't eat breakfast. From everything I've read breakfast is the most important meal TO eat. It kick starts your metabolism. It doesn't have to be much, maybe some toast and jam. Just something to start you off, then eat lunch and dinner as you have been. Good luck to you!
Old 01-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

I don't eat breakfast either. Makes me feel sluggish. As long as you get your cal/macro's for the day that is all that matters.

I eat most of my cals at night. It works for me.

ETA: I am a vegetarian.
ToriD1012 likes this.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 01-12-2018 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by laylacmillxx

I pretty much love all foods.
I do weights twice a week(about 30 mins a sesh), interval cardio (about 30 mins) twice a week and yoga once a week.

Hello laylacmillxx - as you can see from my posts / battle am not the most knowledgable on losing weight. Came across this yummy list though, its sposed to be really nutrient dense and seeing as you like food:
Spinach
Walnuts (or almonds if you arent super walnutty)
Blueberries (grapes or raisins if you can't find/get them)
Black beans (yummier with rice n onions and a wee bitta garlic)
tomatoes
yogurt
carrots
oats

Congrats on the weights. need to do more of that - cardio is more fun for me so thats what gets the most time
Old 06-20-2018, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Hey, I saw where you normally don't eat breakfast. From everything I've read breakfast is the most important meal TO eat. It kick starts your metabolism. It doesn't have to be much, maybe some toast and jam. Just something to start you off, then eat lunch and dinner as you have been. Good luck to you!
This is 1000000000% right! Breakfast is very important. It would be even better if you start your day (before eating breakfast) with a glass of lemon water, it will really boost your metabolism.