FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   My journey to a healthy living. (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/2598-my-journey-healthy-living.html)

SilviHenna 12-08-2010 08:40 AM

My journey to a healthy living.

Hi, I'm Silvi and I just joined today having found the website by accident's really as I tried to Google some translations from Spanish to English some of the ingredients that my sister uses in her food of choice.

I've just recently started excersizing again as my vacation started and I wanted to take full advantage of this month, (planning to continue past vacation time but less intese in the routine that I use.) I've always been slightly overweight since I hit puberty though only been considered obese (by chart only) the last couple of years.

One of the things that have frustrated me apart from lack of condition and getting heart palpitation just by jogging a few minutes is the comments of that I don't need to loose weight.

I'm currently at 79 kg which I beleive is in the 175 pounds range. I'm 5'1 and 28 and I feel like time is running out. I'm big boned which might be the reason to why people think I weigh less then I do. My ideal weight is 55-58 kg which I beleive is around 127 pounds. I don't know if I'll reach that or whether it's healthy for me.

The chart say that it is what I should weigh but considering my constitution that might make me look more anorexic then anything else. My doctors say I need to get there but I remember weighing 64 kg and I could count the ribs on my side, so I don't know. Should I go with what my doctors say or just aim to what I feel is healthy?

I guess I'm looking for encouregement and advise.

Anyway, over and out till next time.

01gt4.6 12-08-2010 08:55 AM

Don't worry about other people, you are trying to lose weight for you, not them. I don't know why some people try to discourage others from being healthy and fit. Maybe it's an insecurity thing, I don't know.

I've had heart issues myself, well if you consider that I can quickly get my heart to 200+ bpm and issue. ;) I've actually gotten it to 236 bpm just for fun. It was funny to see the :eek: look from my Cardiologist when he gave me a stress test... so I have trouble running too.

Once you reach the goal that think you want now, you may find yourself going passed it.

gallusgal 12-08-2010 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by SilviHenna (Post 27832)
Hi, I'm Silvi and I just joined today having found the website by accident's really as I tried to Google some translations from Spanish to English some of the ingredients that my sister uses in her food of choice.

I've just recently started excersizing again as my vacation started and I wanted to take full advantage of this month, (planning to continue past vacation time but less intese in the routine that I use.) I've always been slightly overweight since I hit puberty though only been considered obese (by chart only) the last couple of years.

[B]One of the things that have frustrated me apart from lack of condition and getting heart palpitation just by jogging a few minutes is the comments of that I don't need to loose weight.

I'm currently at 79 kg which I beleive is in the 175 pounds range. I'm 5'1 and 28 and I feel like time is running out. ]I'm big boned which might be the reason to why people think I weigh less then I do. My ideal weight is 55-58 kg which I beleive is around 127 pounds. I don't know if I'll reach that or whether it's healthy for me.

The chart say that it is what I should weigh but considering my constitution that might make me look more anorexic then anything else. My doctors say I need to get there but I remember weighing 64 kg and I could count the ribs on my side, so I don't know. Should I go with what my doctors say or just aim to what I feel is healthy?

I guess I'm looking for encouregement and advise.

Anyway, over and out till next time.

Big boned, huh? Iam your height, bones are bones. Not big, not small, it's the fat surrounding them that makes them heavy! Your palpitations are down to being seriously overweight. You are making excuses, what do you really want to do?