Here I go again.... >

Here I go again....

Community
Notices

Here I go again....

Old 11-12-2017, 02:51 AM
FitDay Member

Default Here I go again....

Hi! I'm Deb. I am 54 and am YET AGAIN trying to lose weight. This has been a battle all my life. My Mom started my 1st "diet" in 1st Grade because I had to get my clothes in the "Chubette" section at Sears...

I have only ONCE in my life reached my goal and kept it off for any period of time- and that was by only eating the one free meal I got at work, walking everywhere I went and swimming laps every day...and I gained back 1/2 of my loss as soon as I started to eat "Normally" and take the bus!

I have recently started night-time binge eating..I am aware, yet can't seem to control it. I have gained another 12 Lbs in just 3 weeks!

I am relatively healthy- but have permanent nerve damage from the mid-back down due to a spinal injury, and High Blood Pressure due to my weight and stress levels.

I could fell better both physically & emotionally at a lower weight, maybe even get off my meds.

I KNOW I am an addict.....
Food is my Drug....
But one can not go "cold-turkey" from eating!!!

I am hoping that, with the help of this ap and some interaction with others "in this same boat" I can make it... I do not get much support from family... they keep on me about my health, but sabotage my dieting or refuse to help by eating healthier with me.

This has GOT to be a lifestyle change, not a "diet"...I can't go through all this again!
Old 11-12-2017, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck with this new effort - you can turn the tide!

It's a slow process. Track what you eat and if necessary, save those calories for the evening. I tend to stay up late so I know about that kind of snacking - can you make that your 'salad time'?
Old 11-12-2017, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

I always found that when I'm tempted to binge, the best solution is to find healthier alternatives. For example, seaweed crispy things instead of potato chips.

Best of luck!
Old 11-14-2017, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down Starting again...

Now I remember why I don't like this website after 2, 3, & 5 years. It is s-o-o-o-o sl-o-o-o-o-w-w-w relo-a-d-i-n-g. It takes 30 minutes to add one activity. It is the worst software reloading. Everything on it fine! But it takes at least a couple of hours to add 2...maybe 3 activities. I would not bother using anything else on this website...go to Sparkpeople or MyFitnessPal. It is not worth scouting this website period.