I'm a newcomer too!

Community
Notices

I'm a newcomer too!

Old 11-27-2010, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Smile I'm a newcomer too!

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to lose around 30 pounds in the next year. I am definitely a yo yo when it comes to weight loss. I'm 34 now. 6 years ago, I lost 25 pounds by committing to working out every day and just eating better. I have since lost that drive and now I'm back where I started (plus 5 lbs.).

I hope by joining this group, I'll get that drive back and feel motivated again! Worked hard at the gym today...just got to keep that going.

So, here we go.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you are on the right track with your exercise.

In the past, I have had difficulty accepting the fact that exercise is a necessary daily occurence. I'm getting more consistent, and now I choose things I enjoy like walking my dog, riding my bike, dancing, playing with the kids, etc. for cardio.

Good luck! and have fun too!
Old 11-29-2010, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome. If you read many posts here you will see a common approach to create a 'lifestyle' change and not just a 'diet'. 'Diet' is a four letter work around here because it represents the shorterm approach. Diets tend to treat the symptoms instead of the cause. Instead of a shorterm approach, understand that the only way to be a trimmer and healthier person longterm is to live a healthier lifestyle.