Notices

New and Bloated

Old 11-17-2010, 12:12 PM
FitDay Member

So possibly it was just a stomach bug, I've had one on and off myself the last week or so. Congratulations on feeling great, pretty soon the compliments will start rolling in and you'll be so glad you started this new lifestyle business. I'm glad to hear that you're on to the water thing, it really does help.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you for your continued support, almeeker. I've really appreciated your tips. Now I'm just looking forward to the day when it takes more than 40 min on the treadmill @ 2.5 mph to make me sweat like a pig. Small goals
Old 11-18-2010, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on getting started. Remember this is a marathon and not a sprint. Many here take the approach that this is a lifestyle change and not just a short term 'diet' (a four letter word here) to achieve a weight goal. Welcome.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hooray for you!

Good for you. It is great to start into a new routine. The first few days are so hopeful. I am on the 2nd day of a low carb diet. Need to loose 30lbs. I wonder if the raw broccoli and garbanzo beans are causing the bloating? You have a lot of fiber in your diet. Fiber causes gas, right? You menu looked fabulous, by the way. So healthy and full of wonderful stuff! I think your body will get a little more use to the new diet and will adjust. It will take a little time.
Good luck.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:35 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for stopping by lodonnel. The bright side is those symptoms passed (no pun intended) after the second day, and it's been smooth sailing since. I'm still at the very beginning...10 days in...but I feel better than I can remember feeling since I was in my 20s.

Best of luck and good health to you on your new program, and come on back to the forum if you have questions or need support. I've found people to be very encouraging and eager to help.