Notices

New Here!

Old 11-11-2010, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Talking New Here!

Hi everyone! My name is Krystal and I am from Alabama. I heard about this website from my work and I am loving all the features. I currently weigh 198 ( i had a baby in May) and I am 23 years old. I have become so insecure about how i look and i feel my shirts and pants getting tighter and I know it's time for me to lost this weight! I refuse to buy new clothes that are bigger. I would rather reward myself with clothes that are smaller.

I'm looking forward to getting advice and help from other along the way. I have set small goals for myself (loosing 10lbs in a month until i have lost 30lbs by Feb 17th).
Old 11-11-2010, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Hello Krystal from Alabama. What is you plan for getting to your goal? We are all here to help, ask if you have any questions.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! And congrats on the baby!

I'm looking forward to celabrating your success with you.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard!!
Old 11-12-2010, 05:41 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Krystal!
I have to say this site is great, since you can add food and it's calories & nutrition values you make yourself to your own foods, or just add the foods you buy from the store looking at the nutrition panel.

As far as weight loss goes, the main thing is to get your metablism up, and consume less calories than your activities. Don't be alarmed at first if the weight your trying to lose doesn't come off too soon. Your body will soon realize once it knows your metablism is faster, and begin to shed the weight. Also, weigh yourself at the same time of the day, your weight flutates during the day, so weighing yourself in the morning one day, then in the afternoon another is deceptive. A good idea is to weigh yourself once a week.

Using the site is easy to use, but you should monitor your nutrition values, since your body needs certain vitamins and things like fiber to properly burn calories.

Me I fell off the wagon and gained back 20 lbs after being religious using the site. Later, after you've lost some weight your body will hit a wall, not lose anything. Me, it took 2 weeks to get past that line. If you're using a gym, they have trainers, classes and nutritionists; use them. Also consult your doctor, gradually work into your exercise routine. Good luck! You'll get there.