FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Newbie Intro (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/2347-newbie-intro.html)

MamaLew 11-10-2010 04:58 AM

Newbie Intro

Hi... my name is Shelia but I'm listed on most sights as Mama Lew so I'll answer to either. I have a LOT of weight to lose and am so excited about this sight... I've done food logs before but having all the foods broken down by calories, carbs, proteins, etc. will be so much more helpful. Would love to meet some new friends who are also trying to lose weight so maybe we can cheer each other on.:D

01gt4.6 11-10-2010 05:42 AM

welcome aboard Sheila. Good luck on your journey.

pensteff 11-10-2010 06:38 AM

Hi Shelia

I am a newbie too especially to counting calories, proteins and carbs. I started today and would love to cheer u on as i would appreciate the same.
Hope u r having a great day, Mama Lew :) .

MamaLew 11-10-2010 06:57 AM

Thanks Mike! Just looked at your progress pics... one word... WOW!

MamaLew 11-10-2010 07:00 AM

Hi pensteff... let's make this happen. I've got sooo much to lose but by losing the weight I'll be gaining physical and emotion freedom so I'm gonna work hard. Do you have very much to lose?

almeeker 11-10-2010 07:14 AM

I don't know exactly how much you mean by "a lot" Mama Lew, but please feel free to join us on the 100 pound thread. You'll find "a lot" of support there no matter how much you have to lose, you too pensteff

01gt4.6 11-10-2010 02:38 PM

Thanks Sheila, I appreciate it. What I've accomplished is a drop in the bucket compare to some here. Hell, almeeker is knocking at the 100 pound mark. w00t!

heritagehunter 11-10-2010 10:31 PM

WELCOME!

I'm new here too, and found that it is a very supportive place. No bashing or critical folks. Nice change from the last forum I was on.

MamaLew 11-11-2010 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 25096)
I don't know exactly how much you mean by "a lot" Mama Lew, but please feel free to join us on the 100 pound thread. You'll find "a lot" of support there no matter how much you have to lose, you too pensteff

Thanks Almeeker... I'll look for the 100 pound thread as I actually need to lose more than a 100...lol.

rpmcduff 11-11-2010 03:24 AM

Welcome, too all the 'newbies'.

almeeker;
Great to see you break through your plateau.

For you newcomers you will find almeeker and 01gt4.6 are some of the most inspirational, informed and supportive members here.

pensteff 11-11-2010 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by MamaLew (Post 25095)
Hi pensteff... let's make this happen. I've got sooo much to lose but by losing the weight I'll be gaining physical and emotion freedom so I'm gonna work hard. Do you have very much to lose?

I am so ready!... :D .....Yes, i have alot to lose and i am also aiming for the same emotional and physical freedom so i would love to team up and share notes, etc. I have tried to lose weight so many times only to gain weight in the end. But this time i feel different and i am trying to run from sickness. The last doctor check up i had revealed my cholesterol was high and i am just 29!!! So right now i prefer exercise pain than the sickness pain that could come knocking on my door :( .