Newbie - Interested in transforming myself >

Newbie - Interested in transforming myself

Community
Notices

Newbie - Interested in transforming myself

Old 06-03-2017, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie - Interested in transforming myself

Hi, I'm a 40 year old female and mother of two wanting to lose around 12 kg. Filling up my measurements was quite scary since I figured that my proportions are very strange owing to excessive flab. My clothes don't fit and I don't like to look in the mirrr. I need some motivation in getting to exercise daily especially since I'm at home most of the time. I have resolved to adopt dinner cancellation and 1 hour of walking in the evenings. Would anything speak against this method? Any motivation is appreciated! - Nini
Old 06-03-2017, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Canceling dinner? Aren't you going to miss that?

Whatever works for you, however, is what WORKS for you, as long as it doesn't harm your health. Good luck!

For motivation, there are some great TED talks on youtube about goals, habits, motivation, and weight loss. Search for those keywords in youtube and at least one of the talks will prove inspiring. There are so many!
Old 06-03-2017, 11:50 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Kathy!
I think that was the only thing which worked for me so far.. I tend to do a lot of emotional eating.. especially in the evenings. Someday I stopped sticking to this and the pounds came back on. I think one cheat day (once in two weeks) should be okay. I have to start with the 1 hour walk this evening!
Old 06-05-2017, 03:45 AM
FitDay Member

Managed to walk only for half an hour yesterday and for one hour today.I also managed dinner cancellation both days.. on track so far.
Old 06-05-2017, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Good work!
Old 06-07-2017, 06:41 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks! I seem to have lost three pounds during the last week but I suspect it is mainly water. Do you know how to modify the weight goal indicated in the reports section? My setting under log - weight seems to be right but the graph in reports shows a wrong value.. probably in lbs instead of kg ??
Old 06-09-2017, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

My setting under log - weight seems to be right but the graph in reports shows a wrong value.. any idea what this could be due to??
Old 06-09-2017, 09:07 AM
FitDay Member

Dinner cancellation seems tough! (and maybe not sustainable). But totally with you on the "eating in the evening" issue -- I sometimes face that myself. I found it helpful to set a time after which I wouldn't allow myself to snack, usually right after dinner or 8 pm.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:59 AM
FitDay Member

It's really difficult to sustain especially if you love food like I do! But when I log my calories I usually notice that I have eaten my daily requirement before dinner time and anything additional would be excess... so I think it's worth it. Besides I can eat what I want during the day and not deprive myself of something I like so it's a small price to pay...
Old 12-16-2023, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Remember, it's essential to prioritize your health and well-being, and making sustainable lifestyle changes is key to long-term success. If you have any underlying health concerns or specific dietary needs, it's advisable to consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian. Wishing you the best on your journey to a healthier, happier you!