Intro by not a real Newbie

Community
Notices

Intro by not a real Newbie

Old 05-01-2017, 05:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Talking Intro by not a real Newbie

Hello everyone,

I am back today, but I have been a member since 2011! I am here I am gone I am here, you get the picture. I have been over weight most of my life. I have tried everything from A (acupuncture) to W (Weight Watchers). You name it I have tired it. I lost my dad in January and at that time I saw life around me. I have two sisters one older and one younger. My younger sister has a very advanced MS and is wheel chair bound because of it. She is basically dead from the waist down. My older sister is a large woman as well, but she has no strength, emotionally or physically. My mother relied on me a great deal during his hospice time. It was then that I realized that I will the only one that can help come another crisis. So in February I went and saw my family doctor and we talked weight loss. We had discussed it before but since all my vitals and blood work always came back very well, low to normal blood pressure, heart and all the goodies were in fine working condition. At 290 lbs though I was a mess. He put me on Phentermine, I have been on it for two months now, and will stop taking it in about two months more. He is monitoring me closely and so far so good. I started at 290 mid February and yesterday I weighed in at 255. So it's coming off, I am feeling great. I am doing a Keto LCHF diet and I hit a road block. So here I am to keep track of what I eat and check my macros. I should do 20 - 25 net carbs a day, 87% protein and 143% fats. So journaling what the heck I put in my mouth I hope will let me see where I need to make changes. I plan to visit the boards often and read your stories, because if you made it down to here you are a real trooper! See you around the forums.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Good luck and welcome back, Digital! You've done it and you can do it again!