Notices

New here...Just started Phentermine :)

Old 09-01-2012, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default New here...Just started Phentermine :)

Hi, i'm new here my name is Amy I'm 31 yrs old, always been a bit chubby but been down right huge since having my 4th child who is almost 8 years old, just sick of it no matter what you do, how much you do or don't eat, what you eat etc...for someone as huge as me (starting today i'm 296lbs) I don't eat like you would expect I actually eat healthy & excersise lol anyway long story short my dr. has put me on Phentermine 15mg pills at my request & this is my 2nd day...they seem to be working already as I haven't felt hungry all day long...just jittery & edgy and ready to snap haha but that goes with it I suppose, looking for others maybe on thsi diet & that would like to share recipes & ideas with me I love to cook for my family but won't be able to eat the things I make them so like a buddy I can talk to my food about & help come up with ideas...anyway I'm in Manhattan, ks Hope to make some new friends !
Amy
Old 09-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Amy, welcome to FitDay. Everybody starts somewhere; congrats on making the decision to get healthier. We are glad to have you along and hope you feel free to jump into the forums and get to form some connections. You can post in any forum, but you might want to take a look at the 100+ pounds to lose in the Weight Loss section and also the 7-Day Motivational thread in the Women's Corner.

Also, I can share from experience that with practice, you don't have to be cooking separate meals for yourself and your family. One of our members here once said "what's good for the goose is good for the gander," explaining that if you're going to eat healthy, then your kids will benefit from that, too. A lot of times, with some thought, you can cook and eat basically the same thing with modifications. For example, if I make tacos for the family, I have my (usually chicken) in a huge salad instead of in taco shells. If I'm cooking a turkey and making mashed potatoes, I'll just stick in a sweet potato for myself...things like that. I've been at this game a long time and one thing I know is that "diet" food doesn't cut it for me; I needed to learn to work with real food. Many of us here have been that route, so if you ever need suggestions or want some advice, post it somewhere and I promise you'll get some thoughts. Shoot, I could talk about food all night!

Check out the threads in the Food section...great place to start
Old 09-13-2012, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Amy! Sounds like we may have the same frustrating fight on our hands. I am 42 and started my diet on 9/4/12. I weighed in at 283. I am being followed by a physician while using the HCG/B12 injections, phentermine, and a 1200 calorie diet. The first few days on the phentermine(37.5mg) I had trouble sleeping, but that has since gotten better. I still get the benefit of appetite suppressant but not the bad side effects. I also have two teen boys to feed in my household. Trust me they are not about to eat rabbit food as they call it. I would love to take this journey with you. Let's encourage, educate, and win together.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi - This post is a few months old. How is your weight loss and progress?
Old 03-24-2017, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default Feel strong.

Originally Posted by amybarnes_27
Hi, i'm new here my name is Amy I'm 31 yrs old, always been a bit chubby but been down right huge since having my 4th child who is almost 8 years old, just sick of it no matter what you do, how much you do or don't eat, what you eat etc...for someone as huge as me (starting today i'm 296lbs) I don't eat like you would expect I actually eat healthy & excersise lol anyway long story short my dr. has put me on Phentermine 15mg pills at my request & this is my 2nd day...they seem to be working already as I haven't felt hungry all day long...just jittery & edgy and ready to snap haha but that goes with it I suppose, looking for others maybe on thsi diet & that would like to share recipes & ideas with me I love to cook for my family but won't be able to eat the things I make them so like a buddy I can talk to my food about & help come up with ideas...anyway I'm in Manhattan, ks Hope to make some new friends !
Amy
Yes exactly the pills worked for me too and there is side effect too but with the info i got here: i was able to get over the side effects. I believe you will get useful info on the site too.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 03-24-2017 at 08:12 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 05-25-2017, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Amy, you come to the right place dear. Here you will find every single answer of your queries