Notices

New here

Old 09-06-2016, 10:12 PM
FitDay Member

Default New here

Hello all,
My name is Cindi and I am 52 (soon to be 53) years old. I never had a problem with weight up until now. I guess I started packing on the pounds after my parents passed away a few years ago, and it hasn't stopped since! Add menopause to the equation and a stressful job in hospice and well, it's been a recipe for disaster, but I aim to change that! I have close to 20 pounds to lose, and I would like to lose them healthfully. I set a goal date of January 7 2017. I'm not quite sure if that is doable, and I plan not to beat myself up about it if I don't quite reach my goal exactly by that date, but I am willing to try!
I am looking for support in this adventure and am very willing to offer support and cheer you all on as you reach your goals
Old 09-07-2016, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome! You're giving yourself 4 months to lose 20 pounds? You can do it!
Old 09-07-2016, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome Kathy. Well, I'm hoping for 4 months, but if I fall short, I hope to at least be close to my goal by then! I work 12 hour days most days which really doesn't leave much time for a whole lot of daily exercise, but I am aiming for at least 20 minutes a day, even if it's just walking.
I was just diagnosed with strep throat yesterday, so I'm off the rest of the week until Saturday and was warned by the doctor to take it easy the next few days. I did manage a 10 minute walk this morning and if I have the energy, another 10 minutes later on.. Just taking baby steps for the next couple of days, watching my caloric intake, drinking lots of water, and gentle exercise until I feel better. I need to make this a habit in order to succeed! I don't want to lose and then gain it all back again.