Community
Notices

New Here

Old 11-08-2015, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Default New Here

Hello! I am new to fit day, and I'm wondering how accurate it is for the calorie goals. It's saying that I burn roughly 2900 on a typical day... so to eat around 2100 right now. That seems like a lot! Then again, I am 5'4", 240 (I just lost 4 lbs!! woo!!) lbs, and chase after a toddler and have four other kids besides her.

I have Osteoarthrisit, and Fibromylagia that took forever to diagnose. I was on a mixture of anti-depressants that helped 'enough' depression wise, but kept me nauseous if I wasn't pretty much ALWAYS eating. That's how I ended up here. I was once 200 lbs, lost 50, and then I gained it all back and then all the extra on those meds. I stopped taking that mix, but now I have to fight against feeling starved if I go for the 'usual' eat 1500 a day. Like... pure out either feeling like I am going to die or I am going to go crazy and snap because I am starving and just... can't!

Is it maybe because I'm really burning more than I thought and therefore creating an insane deficit? o.O;; I don't know..

Anyone having luck with FitDay at all? Or should I be searching someplace that has a more restrictive plan?
Old 11-09-2015, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

Have you talked to your doctor?

1500 calories is a challenge for most people when they start to diet. Perhaps he could give you a referral to a dietitian who could give you reasonable limits and then you could see what works for you. So far, losing 4 lbs is great!

There is a motivation and support board here. You can read about others' experiences there.

Good luck!
Old 11-09-2015, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

My doctor told me (seriously!) to eat 1000 calories in food, and snack on carrots the rest of the day. That... did not work at all. She's kind of... yeah, I don't trust her after I tried that. >.>
Old 11-10-2015, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator

I'd request a referral to a dietician? What your doctor suggested sounds a little like the current Weight Watchers plan that has 'free' fruits and vegetables. But since she didn't mention that plan specifically, it wasn't all that helpful to you.

The good news is that you lost 50 lbs so you know you can do that again.

Counting calories is always a challenge, even with tools like Fitday that make it easier. But you can never lose sight of that task. The South Beach Diet was popular for a while and is an effective diet.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 11-10-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by KisaOkasan
My doctor told me (seriously!) to eat 1000 calories in food, and snack on carrots the rest of the day. That... did not work at all. She's kind of... yeah, I don't trust her after I tried that. >.>
I totally agree. And your response is adorable!