Women and Food After 50

Community
Notices

Women and Food After 50

Old 10-18-2015, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default Women and Food After 50

Here is an excerpt from my latest post about Women and Food After 50

By the time we hit 50 most of us have a pretty good idea of who we are. There is less of life to waste and prioritizing how we spend that time takes on more urgency, at least it has for me.

Hopefully we have established what we will or will not put into our bodies at this stage. At 55 I’d like to say I’ve got this down but the truth is it is still somewhat an evolving process for me. I do however feel like I’ve learned a few things at this point and hopefully my insights may help some of you as you navigate this transitional stage of life.
Make Peace With Yourself

Making peace between your mind and your body is a good place to start. It’s important to accept that your body has changed. Breast fall and bellies bulge. Embracing your age can be liberating and empowering. Be kind to yourself and accept your body as it is right now. Loving and respecting yourself, body and soul will guide you in making choices that will help keep your body strong and healthy.
Focus On Lifestyle Change, Not Diets

Changing the way you eat and think about food is the key to making lasting changes. Start looking at how you eat as a way of life, not something you do for four weeks and then go back to your old way of eating. This requires discipline and a change in mindset.

One of the most important things you can do is eliminate all processed food, sugar and white flour from you diet.

To ready the full post, click here.