Notices

I'm new to FitDay & forums

Old 08-05-2015, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm new to FitDay & forums

Hi, my name is Hailey. I'm in my mid-30's and have always been a little on the heavier side. The last few years have been very stressful for me and it's starting to really show in my weight. I really enjoy being outside walking around, but rarely have the drive to do so. I work long hours and have like 10 great places to eat around me and none of them are very good for me.

I've been stuck in my sedentary and eating habits for a while now and just want to break the cycle... So that's why I'm trying to reach-out and see what has worked for others. I'm new to blogs/forums, a bit shy, and not very social, but I will try to keep involved here.

This is the first time i'm really going to try to put some effort into doing something about my fat ass and could use some tips and advice from people who are having some success in their weight loss progress.

Thanks!
Old 08-05-2015, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, Hailey! Fitday is the best site I've found to help me monitor my intake of proteins, carbs, fats and vitamins/minerals. I'd be so lost without it! Logging foods and amounts keeps me honest, in reality about my food choices and allows me to track my progress. I'm following a foodplan guided by my MD along with input from authors I trust--Bob (the trainer) from Biggest Loser, Dr. Atkins and I recently read the book, "Wheat Belly" and learned a lot. The website LowFatLowCarb.com has many great recipes that fit my foodplan. Here's to your good health! Vicki