understanding calorie count >

understanding calorie count

Community
Notices

understanding calorie count

Old 06-27-2015, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Default understanding calorie count

Hi there, I have been using Fitday for about 3 weeks. I remember when I set up my account I put in my current weight, goal weight and date to reach goal, and then the system created a calorie count. Can someone please explain what it really means. Is this my goal caloric intake to loose weight or to maintain my current weight? I consistently reach about 100-150 calories below on a daily basis.. but my weight isn't changing. Thanks for any info you can provide
Old 07-03-2015, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jodeedreads
Hi there, I have been using Fitday for about 3 weeks. I remember when I set up my account I put in my current weight, goal weight and date to reach goal, and then the system created a calorie count. Can someone please explain what it really means. Is this my goal caloric intake to loose weight or to maintain my current weight? I consistently reach about 100-150 calories below on a daily basis.. but my weight isn't changing. Thanks for any info you can provide
You answered your own question. Since your weight isn't changing your eating at maintenance. You'll need to drop 300 calories ( roughly ) for a week or two. You'll have to keep dropping calories until weight drops off at a safe rate.

If you don't track everything correctly you won't get very far, it's a must.
Old 07-12-2015, 08:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default stuck scale

Hi, I'm Aunty

I've been doing the weight battle for most of my life. This time seems different for me. I'm doing it for me.

As to the stuck scale issue. Did you do your measurements when you started? I had been bounce around the same 5 lb range since Jan., but earlier in the Spring, I noticed my clothes were getting looser. My pinky rings now fit on the rest of my fingers. My hats were getting too big, and I was starting to walk out of my shoes. FINALLY the scale started moving downward as I became more focused on the WHAT's and HOW MUCH of what I was eating. My energy level was picking up so I was able to move around better.

In the past, I've learned that stuck scales might also mean that you are at a plateau. Fancy name for your body readjusting. Mine usually hit every 3 pounds, except for the 'big' numbers, the ones with 0 for the last digit. Those have taken longer for me before.

3 weeks does fell like a long time, but we are working on a life style change. And depending upon what stressors we have in our lives, that can be difficult. At least it has always been for me. I've also been working on my 'attitude'. Self acceptance, release of anger. That kind of started when I saw a poster on Facebook that said "It's not my circus, those aren't my monkeys". It dawned on me that I was taken on other peoples problems and stressing out because the situations weren't really changing, and my health was getting worse. Letting go of that way of thinking was as difficult for me, as it was for me to stop smoking.

Now I do the very best I can in each moment. Some one ticks me off, like a rude driver. I smile sweetly at them, and say "windows closed" 'May you reap what you sew.' I acknowledge that I was a bit angry, I vented safely, and let it go. I sometimes make up stories in my head about why that person is in such a hurry, or is taking out their frustrations on me. those stories can get pretty silly at times. But heck, I'm a "little old lady" I can laugh to myself and no one cares.

And maintaining when you first start out is a very good thing. The scale isn't going up. slow and stead gets up there. Eating healthy also means you be alive enough to enjoy the victory.

Hugs
Old 07-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

The number is for the calories you need to lose weight to get to your goal. But as the poster said:if you aren't losing weight, eat below that amount and see what does work for you.