Weight loss pills

Community
Notices

Weight loss pills

Old 07-12-2015, 10:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss pills

Hi,
I have a lot of body fat and frankly I'm fed up with it. I‘ve been looking for some weight loss pills that work and work fast. My friend always says I am not going to get to my perfect weight just by using some weight loss/diet products. He believes in hard working and exercising, restricting calories and drinking fluids. I've done that (for short periods of time), but failed. I know there is an easier way, and I personally know some people who achieved easy weight loss by using weight loss pills.

What are your experiences with them? Are you satisfied? Which weight loss pills do you consider to be the best on the market?

Thank you in advance.

Michael
Old 07-13-2015, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

Ask your doctor about a safe prescription for weight loss. He will tell you 'eat less and move more'!

Other than that, I doubt that your doctor could recommend an over-the-counter medication that would do anything without side-effects. These can even be life-threatening.

You may 'know there is an easier way' but there is not. There is a quicker way - it's called bariatric surgery. You can discuss that also with your doctor!

I think the key to what you're asking is the time frame for weight loss. You've already seen that you can lose weight when you diet for short periods of time. Well, don't we ALL know that! Give me a nickel for every time I've lost weight for short periods of time and I'll retire now and live in a beach house in Malibu!

You personally know people who've used pills for quick weight loss. Take the information and go to your doctor and see how safe they are. If they are diuretics (lose water), you can harm your kidneys. Not easy to recover from that. If they are amphetamines, I think you know how dangerous they are.

Those are two things that I can think of. Any 'product' you can buy is going to be either risky or a total waste of money.

Then again, ask your doctor. He can look at the pills your friends take and tell you honestly whether they are effective and safe or potentially harmful.

Last edited by Kathy13118; 07-13-2015 at 12:39 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, if you're looking for 'an easier, softer way' to lose weight, let me save you some time, THERE AIN'T ONE! How do I know? Because I've spent years trying to find it! Finally, I decided to follow the advice of my MD, get a plan I could stick with for the long haul and just do it. So far, I've lost well over 100 pounds in almost 13 months. Not the fastest weight loss, I know, and it certainly can't compete with what you see on 'Biggest Loser', but I have a plan that gives my body the nutrition it needs for me to live my life. Hope you find a plan that works for you! Vicki

Last edited by rosabella2012; 07-14-2015 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Vicki, that is GREAT weight loss!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hi again, guys.

Thank you very much for your answers.

After searching the web, I stumbled on this book - amazon.com/dp/B00RGXZJO6.

It's about real people's experiences with 30 the most popular weight loss pills on the market. The good thing is that the authors wrote about the side effects of every one of them, their effectiveness, and how fast they work. I think it might be useful for some folks here too.

They totally confirmed your words. Good old calorie deficit is the only thing for weight loss. Because it's summer time, I need to get out and start exercising.

Wish me luck!

Michael

Last edited by Kathy13118; 07-15-2015 at 11:31 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 07-15-2015, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

There are no reviews of that book on amazon! You still need to check with your doctor if you see a 'weight loss pill' you want to try - just because books are vehicles for advertising like anything else. They may not be reporting the facts any more than blogs do (!)