Notices

New here

Old 01-12-2010, 07:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default New here

HI everyone

Names Debbie and Im 29 years old. I have 2 wonderful boys, 9 and 8 and a hubby whos not 100 % behind me losing weight. But I feel I need to so i can live a long healthy life for my kids. I hope to get the support here Im not getting at home to achieve my goal.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie! My name is Diane, and I'm 29, as well, and I'm very sorry to hear that you're not getting the support you need. I've been on the forums for a couple of weeks now, and from the people I've begun to build relationships with here, its a great environment. As far as I'm concerned, feel free to ask anything, bounce ideas around or just sound off. I hope you find the community you're looking for, and I wish you the best of luck and look forward to getting to know you! Have a wonderful day!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Diane! Its nice to meet you to..I have alot of fustrations with my hubby about the weight I want to lose. Manly I think its his insecurities. Im glad this is a great communtiy and cant wait to form lasting friendships.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

I touched on this on another thread somewhere, but I've asked my boyfriend twice now, if he really was ok with the idea of losing weight, since I was fat when we met two years ago, and if anything I've gained some weight in the duration. He's says he ok, but I always worry, cause people like what they like, you know. Last night was the second time I asked him, and to lighten the mood I promised to keep my butt! I don't want to be super skinny or anything, like I'm kind of horrified that it says my max weight should be 150, I'm 5'7". In college I had a friend about an inch shorter than me and she was 150 and I thought she was tiny! Then again, when you're well over 200, I guess most people seem tiny. So I keep saying my goal is 150, but I guess maybe I'll just take it as it comes and see where I feel the best, if it ends up being 170, then I'll take 170. For the short term, I'm really just trying to get to 285 by the end of March! My main objective is really just to get as healthy as I can. I want to beat the cancer and heart attack curse that runs on both sides of my family!

I tend to be long winded, so I'll stop before I get started, but I want to wish you luck in your journey today, and I'll be thinking of you and sending encourgement your way!
Old 01-13-2010, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

If you want to lose weight and be successful, you must do it for YOU. Don't worry if your mate isn't supporting you in this journey - it is not his, it is yours. While I certainly understand why you would want their support, and really I don't understand why they wouldn't want their women to be healthy, you still must do this for yourselves.

I live in a house with a skinny partner and a skinny son!! They are supportive as they can be, but they can't eat only what I eat or they would disappear eventually! LOL!! So they often supplement the meals I cook by adding bread or potatoes to it, and have much larger portions. The good part is they are eating healthier themselves, which will only do them good.

Again, you do what you have to do for YOU!!