FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   please send help!!! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/11869-please-send-help.html)

Dr.Zera17 02-28-2015 05:26 AM

please send help!!!

Hi there everyone,
I am back using this site after a year or so, but did use it for years and it was great! However this around, I am finding some major things I don't know how to get past.

I don't know where to start. I just put in "1 cup fresh spinach, cooked", and it reported that this had 8 grams of fat!!! Now I know I cup of cooked spinach is a lot, but this is all wrong! To make sure I wasn't loosing it, I looked it up elsewhere, and of course not!!
Also, It is painfully slow to put in information! Is this a regular thing or just a temporary issue? It has been taking me like 15 minutes to add some things! I was unable to retrieve my old account, which had an extensive custom food list, and not only is it slow just to report food, but to add a custom food is painstaking!!! I keep having to refresh the website over and over again to get it to work.
Also, looking up some things is tedious as well - such as "tomato"!!! You have to go through so many tomato types of things before just getting to a plain old fresh tomato!! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a mil!

paisleyjane 02-28-2015 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dr.Zera17 (Post 114730)
Hi there everyone,
I am back using this site after a year or so, but did use it for years and it was great! However this around, I am finding some major things I don't know how to get past.

I don't know where to start. I just put in "1 cup fresh spinach, cooked", and it reported that this had 8 grams of fat!!! Now I know I cup of cooked spinach is a lot, but this is all wrong! To make sure I wasn't loosing it, I looked it up elsewhere, and of course not!!
Also, It is painfully slow to put in information! Is this a regular thing or just a temporary issue? It has been taking me like 15 minutes to add some things! I was unable to retrieve my old account, which had an extensive custom food list, and not only is it slow just to report food, but to add a custom food is painstaking!!! I keep having to refresh the website over and over again to get it to work.
Also, looking up some things is tedious as well - such as "tomato"!!! You have to go through so many tomato types of things before just getting to a plain old fresh tomato!! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a mil!

I think that when you put veggies in as cooked, it calculates with an assumption it's been cooked in oil or butter. I always put in "Veggie name, raw" and then add the oil I used for cooking separately. I think that the figures for cooked veggies might be more helpful if you ate in a restaurant or something.