Notices

Namaste

Old 02-27-2015, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Namaste

Greetings! I am going to be 53 in April, a mother of three grown sons, two of which are married, one still at home. Married for 30 years and this is the first time in more years than I can remember where I am spending time taking care of myself. I am a retired Social Worker, with education in Child Development, and have returned to art my first true love. For the New Year I joined a gym and have been going 2-3 times a week. I've met with a trainer who has me doing a total work out on the weight machines and 20-30 minutes on the cardio of my choice, usually I pick the tread mill. I have cut out sugar our of my diet, very low healthy carb choices, more veggies, careful on the fruit, never been much of a meat eater so that is minimal. At the advice of my trainer I joined here last night after measuring my body. With out going into details...ergh...I am 80 pounds over weight. I hit a brick wall this year and decided it was time to take control of my eating and health. So far so good I am sticking to it. Glad to be here.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome! Good luck with your program - it sounds good!