Notices

New to group!

Old 02-21-2015, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to group!

HI everyone, i just joined today! i was off to a great start getting back into shape and then last sat our water pipes frozen and here it is a week later and i still dont have any running water! I dont know if im just using this as an excuse or what but it sure does seem extreamly hard to live a healthy lifestyle with no running water! its actually kinda depressing, and i sit here not knowing if and when my water will get fixed. my landlord said this morning that a plumber will be here today for sure yet, its starting to get dark out and its been snowing like crazy ALL day and several inches of snow already on the ground, I wish they would call just to tell me that there NOT coming but i guess ppl do not do that *sigh* So how do i get back on the band wagon with all this going on?!?!?!? Seems so hopeless at the moment.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome chrstnamrie! Life can be stressful...we can all attest to that! You just have to make a commitment and try your best not to let stressful times get in the way. Having said that...cooking a healthy meal and having a shower after a good workout are necessities! Pretty hard to do these basic things without running water! Hope you get your water restored soon!

Since you do have power and an internet connection have a look around the site. Feel free to join in on the Motivation and Support board! There's a new Motivational thread that starts up every Monday where we post throughout the week. Some fitdayers make goals for the week and check in on how they are progressing with their goals. Others simply chime to give and get support and motivation. Also currently happening on the Motivation and Support board is a Distance Exercise Challenge as well as an Easter Challenge. Please feel free to join in on any thread that suits you!
Old 02-21-2015, 09:26 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Debbie and thank you so much for the welcome and the info! I am def going to check everything out that you mentioned and join in on the challenges and the threads you mentioned! *sigh* im afraid that i am going to be with out running water for a long time so i guess i just need to force myself to focus on other things and what i do have going on thats good and so on. It really does suck to not be able to wash my hair and shower when i want to but on the other hand, i work from home so whos really gonna know anyway! Tomorrow is monday and im excited to join in the that thread that starts up every monday so im totally on it!!
Old 02-22-2015, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

You mentioned your landlord....is that even legal? I know it's not legal here in Canada and I can't imagine it would be any different in the US.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:10 PM
FitDay Member

well, yesterday i had finally had enough and all i could take after one week and one day with no running water so i called the landlord again and this time made a total fool out of myself but got a REAL plumber over here and he had it fixed with in the first 5 minutes he was here! turnes out that the very first "non plumber" that was here turned off some water valves by accident when the pipes were frozen and the other "none plumbers" did not realize this because they were NOT PLUMBERS!! This is clearly why an actual plumber should have been called ON THE FIRST DAY! SMH ANYWAY! im just thankful to be back to normal life! :-)
Old 02-23-2015, 01:29 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! What an ordeal! How stressful! Glad to hear you're back to normal life!