New and gonna give this a shot >

New and gonna give this a shot

Community
Notices

New and gonna give this a shot

Old 01-06-2015, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default New and gonna give this a shot

I just signed signed up and have been considering bariatric surgery but decided to try this out for a while before I make any rash decisions. Right now I'm angry and embarrassed for letting my body get to this point (382 lbs.) but I am going to use this anger as motivation until something else comes along. It may not be the best or healthiest way to start off but, it is a start. My goal is to get down to 250 as quickly as possible. I know I have a long way to go but I will get there.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

My suggestion is to make a list of foods and amounts of them you will eat along with exercises you will do (IF you want to exercise). I include meal times--breakfast by 9 am, lunch at 1 pm, snack 4 pm, supper at 7-8 pm and nothing afterward other than water. Stick with it each day and results should follow. My plan is approved by my MD. Vicki
Old 01-07-2015, 06:30 PM
FitDay Member

I think you will surely get what you want. All the best for that. You must follow a diet plan with good foods. HIgh protein and less calories. Exerices more.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi mediumpimpin1

I started about the same place you are, in January of 07.
I got down to 288 by August of that year and had maintained, gained and lost til I was 352 last January.

I decided it was time to start again. Currently at 298.
My best advice, accept it will be hard in the beginning.
It does get easier!!
GET MOVING!! No matter how few steps you start with, it will be more than not taking any!!

It is very possible to do this.

I eat 3 meals a day, no snacking
No sugars (other than naturally occurring in whole foods) Sugar is a drug to me, and I can't control it when I start.
No white flours (this is not a chore to me, I don't like white bread, and am not eating goodies, so there is no need for it)
No added salt!

I am fortunate in that I love fruits and veggies - only exceptions, parsnip, avocado (whatever it is - it is GROSS) - and I like food cooked simply

The less decisions I leave myself, the better the chances for success.
There are no snack foods in my home
None of the deadly whites (Sugar, Salt, White flour) So what is here, is safe to prepare

I shop the perimeter of the stores only, with one diversion for coffee!!
Old 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Thanks for joining us!
I started out at 355 lbs, and lost 165 lbs by eating right and exercising. It is possible!
You can reach your goals, and your life will change for the better in every way
Old 01-11-2015, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks

I would like to thank you all for the encouragement and it seems as if I'm off to a good start. I just hope it's not all water. I have given myself a goal of weighing 250 by Dec 1st and it actually hasn't been supper hard so far. I like fresh veg, greens and really like to cook, but sodas of any kind are gone. no more sweet tea. I'm walking 30 min a day and on a 1600-1700 calorie, lower carb eating plan. It's kind of amazing what happens if you only pay attention to what you eat. started at 382 Jan 6 and am at 377.2 the 11th. Once I get down to 300 I'll start weight training, as of now just a little cardio and starting some new eating habits.

OH, and Avacados are awesome.

Last edited by mediumpimpin1; 01-11-2015 at 03:43 AM. Reason: another thought
Old 01-11-2015, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there! Glad to have you join us! Please feel free to post on the weekly motivation thread! It's a great place to go for motivation, accountability or just general chat. Hope to see you there!