Notices

I am new :) my gym routine and diet

Old 01-01-2014, 08:23 PM
FitDay Member

Smile I am new :) my gym routine and diet

I am new to Fit Day

Most of my life I've been slim, at one point going down to an unhealthy size 6 because due to anxiety I never ate. Then I met my lovely boyfriend, and almost 3 years later, I am a size 10/12!

It is happy weight, we got very comfortable and so in June last year we started a die/exercise regime. We went to the gym 6-7 times a week for 3 months and lost quite a bit of weight, but unfortunately due to multiple birthdays and a holiday, we put the weight back on.

So I'm back to a size 10/12 and very unhappy. I'm living off fast food, the occasional gym visit (maybe one or twice every two weeks), energy drinks (which only increases my anxiety), coca cola, chocolate, sweets - no vegetables at all, occasional fruit.

So I have decided to, after watching Fat, Old and Almost Dead, and a lot of soul searching, to lose the weight and get back into shape. My boyfriend is taking me back to Las Vegas in May, so I plan on losing the weight and toning my body before then.

I have bought a juicer and this is what I plan to do:

- Consume most of my fruit/veg using the juicer
- Lower my dairy intake, eg: swapping milk for almond milk
- Cut out caffeine to help my anxiety
- Eat more fish and chicken
- Fry only using coconut oil
- Research what vitamins to take if needed
- Drink more water/soda water
- Replace potatoes with sweet potatoes
- Cut out any carbs/eating at all after 6pm

Gym routine (as given to me by a personal trainer~)

- Rower: reaching 1000m in 5 minutes or under
- Treadmill interval training: 3 minutes running, 2 minutes walking uphill for a total of 15 minutes
- Cross trainer: 10 minutes
- 3 sets of 15 lunges holding 5kg of weight
- Bicep curls, 2kg, 3 sets of 15 curls
- 3 sets of 30 bicycle crunches
- 3 sets of 10 V Crunches with 5 KG weight, lifting arms at same time
- 3 sets of 20 dips
- 3 sets of 10 lunges with 10kg bar
- 3 sets of 12 upward rows with 10kg bar
- Leg press - 3 sets of 10 at 35 kg

5 times a week, 1 day a week of swimming 30 lengths.

This is the same routine I followed when I lost my weight, with a few more crunches thrown in. I'll update my measurements today (gotta get a tape measure) and weigh myself every 2 weeks.

Wish me luck everyone!

Any advice would be welcomed, both in gym routine and diet!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:37 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a plan! Sounds like a great plan!
If you stick to even half of that plan, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

You don't mention your age and height (only your weight and clothes sizes). Size 12 may be fine for your height and age. You may look fine, even your best, at a size 12.

Your boyfriend lost weight with you and put it back on with you. Sounds like your lifestyles intertwine enough so that he is going to be a big influence as you lose this weight. Does he have a plan similar to yours, to lose weight?

Anyway, good luck! You did it before, you can do it again....
Old 01-01-2014, 09:22 PM
FitDay Member

I'm 5"2 and 23 years old - my current weight is about 133 pounds.

For my height, I should weigh less - not much less, but my ideal weight is about 115-120 pounds.

I have an hour glass figure, so a (very) big bum and big up top as well - but lucky to still have a tiny waist!

So I look much heavier than I am because of the size of my hips.

Yeah my boyfriend is going to be changing his diet as well as coming the gym with me again.
Old 01-02-2014, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like you have a solid plan! The only thing I question (and this is just my personal opinion) why are you going to consume most of your fruits and veggies by juicing them? They will be a lot more filling if you eat them in a whole state because you'll be consuming more fibre. I personally don't buy into the notion that our bodies can't absorb the nutrients in fruits and veggies unless they're pureed or juiced first. I think that notion is hyped by the media as a way to sell more kitchen gadgets. Just my opinion

Best of luck to you! There's an accountability and motivational thread going here on fitday. You're welcome to join us there! WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Starting 12/30/2013--Resolution Time Motivational Thread Starting 12/30/2013--Resolution Time (They start a new thread weekly, so if you don't join in this week, look for a new thread)
Old 01-02-2014, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Honestly, because I think I'll have more by drinking it than I would cooking it - I'm lazy that way! And being able to mix a lot of things together is easier for me I (and also, I get to play with my new juicer, which is super fun!).
Old 03-16-2016, 08:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default Introduction

Hi everyone, I am Sherry. I love to write forum. I love to drink juice. I've already been around the forum a fair bit and been really impressed how friendly and helpful everyone is here.