Notices

hello

Old 12-29-2013, 09:25 AM
FitDay Member

Talking hello

Hello!
Im new to this site although i have never joined a site befor im looking for some inspiration and somewhere where i can air my thoughts and get some opinions and thoughts back, im not working at the mo as im caring for my elderly dad and my son who has add amongst other things. I really want to try and loose the weight myself my gp is pushing for a gastric bypass but i really dont want to go down that route i have a very hard hill ahead of me but i no i can do it as i have done it befor i whent from a size 30 to a size 14 so i can do it just gained alot weight through two more pregnancys and living half my life around the hospital but everything running smoothly so bring on the weight loss.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome and good luck with your goal! If your physician is 'pushing' gastric bypass, ask him (or her) why. I'm not so much in favor of that but I have found out lately that it has some very powerful arguments for it - one is that it can help if you are diabetic or headed toward diabetes. Maybe that is one thing your physician is thinking about in your case.

Whatever the reason, the decision is yours. There are tools here to help you monitor your progress and nutrition. As you said, you can do it!