FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   New here - looking for a diet buddy...? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/1024-new-here-looking-diet-buddy.html)

SarahLou120385 05-07-2010 03:30 AM

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Hi all, I'm Sarah, I'm 25 and currently trying to go from 172lbs to 140lbs. I'm looking for someone to chat to on a daily basis to trade tips with and who can help keep me on track and for whom I can do the same, as sticking power has always been my failing point with diets so far. Anyone interested? :)

Sarah x

fletch8502 05-07-2010 03:50 AM

Hey Sarah,

Welcome! I'm 25 as well and would like a buddy. I'm 5'2", started at 162, down to 141 after 2 months on FitDay, but would still like to get down to 115-120.

Anytime you need a reminder to stick with it, I'll be here to help ya out!

My biggest weakness is all or nothing thinking - so if I mess up once, I feel like I should just give up. I'll need reminders that there are shades of grey in life, and one mistake doesn't mean complete failure and permission to give up!

Good luck and have a great day...

[email protected]

traceymc1985 05-07-2010 06:28 AM

A Big Hello to Sarah and Fletch

Hiya Sarah and Fletch im Tracey, im 25 and a mum of 2 children.
I started on fitday just on monday and i cant tell you how much it has helped get my motivation back. Just 4 days ago i sent a thred asking for help and support cos i was so depressed and upset with myself. When my first reply came through i actually cried with what id say was relieve no.1-there was somebody who took time to post and welcome me and no.2- there were other women in the world that felt the same as i do.
Already i feel ready to achieve my goal and stick to my diet as i too have a problem with giving up but with everybodys support you will find it easier to hang in there!
Im 5ft 3in and I weigh 172lbs and want to get to 150lbs so im here to share tips and offer all my support to you.
Good luck with your journey to success!!!!!

SarahLou120385 05-07-2010 07:22 AM

Hi Fletch, hi Tracey! :)

Great to hear from you both! Hope you've both had a good day today :) I'm quite pleased with myself today as I went to the cinema with a friend and sat there drinking water while she ate a huge bag of popcorn (I love popcorn - it's my all-time favourite snack, and I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've ever gone to the cinema without having popcorn!). Here's hoping it'll pay off come weigh-day (Tuesday, since I don't own a weighing scales myself, so plan to use my mums when I go up there - I get the feeling I'd be on the scales every few hours if I owned my own, as I'm not the most patient person in the world!) :D

Sarah x

traceymc1985 05-07-2010 09:29 AM

hi sarah well done for having the willpower to not eat the popcorn. Id done good all day but just gave in to a small square of lasagne that wasleft in the fridge but i did throw the rest in the bin so at least thats something. Im hoping it wont affect my weight loss on weigh day-wednesday but ill post if i lose or gain and i be honest!! Thats what this forum is all about being there to help with ups and downs. If theres a slip up then we can support each other to keep going without giving up!

traceymc1985 05-07-2010 09:36 AM

Oh yeah forgot 2 add its a good idea not to get on scales everyday as weight goes up and down through the week. I used to weigh myself every morning but i got disheartened if a pound went on but sure enough just weighing myself on a wednesday gives me a steady weight loss i can be pleased about without worrying everyday if its going to change from one day to the next. Even if the loss is small it all contributes to end result. We just keep going til get to goal. Hope you have another good day tomorrow that you can be proud of. Im rooting for you!

traceymc1985 05-07-2010 10:54 AM

Sarah by the looks of it your birthday is 3 days before mine. Im 15th March. Just wanted to share that. Really want to do good over the weekend thats when i seem to mess up what ive done through the week. My kids go to stay at their dads friday til sunday every fortnight and cos we dont go out much im in raiding the cupboards.
Going to try hard though and do all i can to not overdo my allowance. Have a nice weekend

SarahLou120385 05-08-2010 02:55 AM

Hey Tracey, hope you're having a good weekend so far! :) That's funny about our birthdays, isn't it? :) Noticed your post on the other thread about tv snacking - I'm terrible for that too, I've found it tends to be because I'm not keeping my hands busy mainly, so I try to have something small handy to fiddle with when I'm watching the telly, although since Tuesday when I started my diet I've not really watched a lot of telly - better to avoid temptation altogether! :) At least on my computer my hands are kept busy. Another handy idea is to keep the hot drinks coming, a nice cuppa tea keeps your hands of the snacks, and gives you something to do during the adverts (make your next cuppa! :) lol).

Sarah x

traceymc1985 05-08-2010 03:16 AM

hi yeah my weekend is going well im upstairs with the laptop instead of watching tv,nothing on anyway-never is lol! I also think best not to watch it if i know thats when temptation strikes but yeah making the hot tea at break will help. Doing good with my diet today after the extra cals last night so im just forgetting about the slip. Once i learn how to break my bad habits again i hopefully be strong to watch tv again lol. Hows your diet going?? Good i hope x

SarahLou120385 05-08-2010 06:18 AM

Glad to here you're having a good day with it - I am too, I've taken to keeping a big bottle of water next to me for whenever my stomach gets grumbly between meals, and tomorrow's looking to be a good day too, since I'll be out pretty much all day, so seriously limited snack temptations there :) all in all it's looking to be a good first weekend for my diet!

Sarah x

zaba30 05-08-2010 06:35 AM

Hey, Sarah!
I'm also new here...and I'm not even from USA :-)
Great to see you're doing well! Keep it up!!!! ;-)
This morning I made pancakes to my boyfriend for breakfast (he wanted it so badly :-D) ...with chocolate gravy and I took just one ;-)) And they were small ones, home made recipe, so I know exactly what I put in it (not the powder from the store)...just an egg, flour and milk to make a mixture and literally with amount of one teaspoon of oil (for frying) and that was it!
Usally I can eat much more of these but I decided not to...
The only thing I didn't do today was my excercise...but we were pretty active through the night ;-) I guess that counts too?? :-)

traceymc1985 05-08-2010 08:32 AM

Hi Sarah well done! Im back upstairs again went downstairs for 2 hours and what did i do....eat!! I did the hot drinks but didnt brush my teeth which i should have before i went down. I went for my dinner and did good-salad,hoummous and 3 ryvita. Then as apudding i had a weightwatcher yoghurt and a banana. So far sounds ok but then an hour later i went back for hoummous and some breadsticks- (WAY TOO MANY BREADSTICKS!) Its all just too easy to grab. The thing is the foods im snacking on are not high calorie, i always buy reduced calorie products. I dont eat alot through the day either, the problem might be im not filling up on a good meal at teatime. I dont have regret on what ive eaten because its not neccesarily bad food (at least its not crisps and chocolate). Its just i know i didnt need it and if id have left it i could have a good weight loss each week. Its a bad habit! Ive had 1500 calories today- most of it consumed tonight but im going to try repair it before weigh-in on wednesday. Much easier through the week-weekends i struggle. Also my partner was busy upstairs and i wouldnt have done it if wasnt alone. When im out of the house or somebody with me i dont even think about food at all. HELP-I feel like an idiot-why cant i follow my own advice. I know what i should be doing but the willpower just isnt strong enough when alone. ONE DAY I WILL BREAK THE HABIT. Now im upstairs im fine, im going to turn into a recluse who cant leave my bedroom or ill eat the contents of my house. LOL!

traceymc1985 05-08-2010 08:38 AM

Hi Zaba they do say the best sort of exercise is bedroom aerobics!!!!!!!!! wink,wink

SarahLou120385 05-08-2010 09:01 AM

Hi Zaba, nice to meet you! I'm not from USA either, I'm from Wales, UK - where are you from? Well done for sticking to just the one pancake! I'm terrible at doing that, if I have anything at all I start wanting more so I have to take the no treats route unfortunately or I'll never stick with it! Tracey has a point, they do say that burns a lot of calories - kind of makes me wonder how I put on so much weight after I got married! lol! :D

Hey Tracey, don't feel too bad about snacking - like you said, at least it wasn't crisps or chocolate! :) In a way the worst junk food is the easiest to cut out because we can simply stop buying it - it's eating too much of the stuff around the house that's the big difficulty. I've written out a list of rules to follow (eg, number of meals allowed per day, size of portions, no snacks, etc), and I'm finding that having it written down in black and white makes it a bit easier to stick to, because I think ooo I fancy ___, but then I think, hang on, what does my list say? I think just thinking twice about it gives me enough chance to get myself back in control, maybe you could try something similar?

Hope you both have good days tomorrow! :D

Sarah x

traceymc1985 05-08-2010 09:28 AM

Sarah- thanks for the list idea will start writing it in the morning. Routine and rules may help me stick to it better. Will try really hard tomorrow- one day at a time!!! Nothing on tv either so ill be upstairs at 7pm and will post then and let you know how i get on with my day. Until tomorrow keep up the hard work x

traceymc1985 05-09-2010 02:14 AM

Good Day

Hello all nearly end of the weekend-hope you have all had a good one. I wasnt so good yesterday but ive got time of the month so feel better now-got rid of all that negative emotion and ive dropped some of the extra weight i was carrying. Im now 12st 3lbs and feeling much better about myself!!
I did some gardening today with my fella so thats helped me keep busy instead of sitting infront of tv snacking. Waiting for kids to get back then will make healthy dinner and enjoy it with family later. Ive got the school stuff to get ready for kids tomorrow so will do that when theyve gone to bed. That way i wont sit straight down and wont be tempted to snack.
Im just gonna keep thinking about seeing the scales get to 11st something. Not long now if i can just keep up the good work!
Hope everybody has been having a good weekend xx

Hickonthehill 05-10-2010 01:19 AM

Hi all, hope you don't mind another joining in? I've been using FitDay for a few months now and have lost 20lbs so far. Am aiming to lose about another 14'ish, but have hit a bit of a plateau. I'm trying to keep my carbs quite low, but am not doing the full Atkins thing as I like fruit and veg too much and don't personally think cutting them out entirely would be that healthy. I'm really just looking for a bit of help sticking to it, and if anyone has got any handy hints as to how to do that....they would be more than welcome. I'm from Scotland in the UK - and it's snowing!!!!! What's that all about!?!?!:(

traceymc1985 05-10-2010 09:27 AM

On a Roll

Hello everyone and welcome hickonthehill. Snow!!! I too love my fruit and veg and im just choosing the healthy options instead of bad stuff. Ive lost 3 stone so far and im looking to lose another 2!! Ive been doing really good past week and its paying off. My moods are loads better and my determination is back!! Thankyou members its all because of your support that im back on track. Its been 5 months since i lost the 3st and i didnt think i could get that mindset back to losing my last bit but i have, I really have!!! It feels like a relieve because its taken me ages to get back my willpower!
All i want to say is everyone keep going and we are all here to help each other through the good and the bad. Id be lost without fitday, it teaches me more and more about my relationship with food,dieting and life in general everyday! It has helped me out of a black hole id thrown myself back into but now im climbing the top again x

zaba30 05-10-2010 09:34 AM

Hey to all of you here! :-)

Sarah, you've asked me where I come from? Croatia. So if I make some mistakes in my english - sorry! :-)

About little treats to myself - I'm not a fan of doing it when I'm alone, but when someone is with me then, somehow, it's easier. Why? Can't explain.

Hickonthehill, you say it's snowing in Scotland? Jesus!!! :-/ That's why is here in Croatia is so cold and rainy :-/
Sorry, but I can't give you any advice with your diet because I'm not doing any of it, just working my ass out of exercise and watch out on my calories a little bit, but I eat almost all (but I can't even look at the chocolate :-D). I hope the girls here will have more to share with you.
Btw, I've been in Scotland last winter for a New Year's - A BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY!!! ;-)

traceymc1985 05-10-2010 09:52 AM

Hiya zaba how old are you and what are your goals? Im 25 and i weigh 12st 3lbs. I aim to be 10st 7lbs by september. I am 5ft 3inches. Ive been a member for a week and its excellent support,its certainly kept me going everyday since. Ive already lost 3stone last year but i really want to get to goal! Good luck with it all and im here if you need any advice.

bbodenstein 05-11-2010 12:32 AM

Good Morning Ladies...

6 years ago I used Atkins and Fitday to lose 60 pounds...Since then I've had four years of a very abusive relationship and eventually gained backed 30 of those pounds...My ex did all in his power to "uglify" me, which included urging me to gain weight, so that I would be unattractive to anyone else

Well I'm out of the relationship now and back here on Atkins and Fitday...Today is my first day of Induction...It worked for me before and it will work for me again

My best advice is to weigh and measure EVERYTHING and be compulsive about recording it all in your food diary...That was how I learned what worked for me...I can eat a healthy diet, but am terrible with portion control...Weighing, measuring and recording kept me on track

I'm 59 now, so my metabolism is even slower and it's gonna be tough...I'm going for a 40 pound loss this time and have set September 30th as my goal date

I really want a partner or group to compare daily notes with, went looking and found this thread...I am willing to make my food diary public if you all want to do that....I know I want the support and encouragement a group can bring....Look forward to chatting with everyone

~ellabella~ 05-11-2010 01:39 AM

Hello :waves frantically:

Just joined up today. I started Atkins last week and lost 3lbs but then cheated over the weekend. So I'm restarting today with more resolve and also with my husband on board so hopefully no more cheating.
I'm 5 foot nothing and 10st 4 (144lbs), ideally would like to be 8.5-9st(119-126lbs).

Hello to Tracey, I'm also in Leeds!

Hi Bbodenstein :waves frantically again:

Sorry to hear of you recent problems and glad to hear things are so much better, onwards and upwards!:)
I really enjoyed doing Atkins last week,it was a couple of family celebrations that broke me. I'm now seriously serious about doing this strictly.

I've made my food diary public and would love to chat Atkins with you. I'm sure you can give me a lot of advice and tell me where I'm going wrong?Hopefully I can give you moral support :D
My food diary looks like I'm not really eating enough but it seemed plenty,
Today I had
B:scrambled 2 X eggs + 2 x bacon
L: cucumber, lettuce, toms and a big slice of frittata made with bacon, chicken, brocolli, peppers, onions, eggs and cheese with mayo
D: will be asparagus and a poached egg....will also have either turkey steak or tuna mayo as a snack.

I work FT and have 3 children so the key for me is planning in advance so I'm going to try noting down the next days menu here also to make me think and keep track. So tomorrow I'm planning;
B:bacon n eggs again
L:Niciose: salad veggies with olives, green beans, hard boiled eggs and tuna
D: giant mushrooms stuffed with beef bolognese mix topped with melted cheese served with brocolli.

I'll update my diary as I go.....

I've been reading a lot of info on Atkins Bulletin Board which I've found helpful, have you visited there before?

Looking forward to keeping up with everyones journey.

So sorry for waffling :eek:

x

Hickonthehill 05-11-2010 03:14 AM

Hello everyone, and thank you for the warm welcome. I am loving the positivity of this group...some I've been on before have been quite negative which I don't think helps anyone. Any more advice on the Atkins would be very much appreciated too..I've got the book but talking to people who are going through it (or versions of low carb) is always more informative. I'm also loving the sound of your mushrooms with bolognaise sauce.....YUM!!! And I'd never thought of that combination! it's pretty hard being Scottish and not being allowed to eat tatties everyday!

Bbodenstein....well done for getting out of that relationship...I was in a very negative one a few years ago and it's really hard to get your life back on track....so you go girl!

Here's to helping each other get to where we want to be....:D

zaba30 05-11-2010 04:13 AM

Hey, to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)))

Hick, I owe you an answer from yesterday :-)
I'm 33 :-) (I don't know if it counts but I look younger ;-D..at least people say so :-)) )
For many years I've been practicing sports, actively (volleyball) and for the last few years I've been lazy for everything and my kilograms were just going and going up and up and up :-(
Now, I weigh 90 kilograms...pardon, 87,5 kg :-D (I weigh myself this morning :-D). I was 90kg when I started with all this on 5.5. (six days ago!!!). And I'm telling you, I'm not doing any diet I'm just working myself out (till I drop dead of exercise :-D).
I didn't say that I'm 173cm high so I really don't look that huge when you look at me :-) but when I look at myself I know. You can imagine that my boyfriend doesn't know how much I really weigh. When we spoke the last time about it (and you know that he did weigh me on himself :-))) ) he told me that I have around 75 kg!!! And I thought to myself: Jesus, if I would weigh 75 I would call myself a princess!!! :-))
I just laughed and let him think what he wants and told him that when I come to 75kg, I'll tell him and then he will tell me how do I look ;-))
So, my goal for now is 83 kg by the 20.6.2010.(sorry I have really big problems in recalculating kilogram into your lb and pounds :-(... )
I want to return at least a part of my last summer's weight :-)))

And about bad relationships - I just can tell that when it's over, at least to me, it helps to lose weight like in a second :-)) and when I'm happy after that I eat like crazy :-/
But, now, my 5 years younger boyfriend supports me with all of this even he told me: "To me you're beautiful just the way you are." (yeah, right :-D) And, since he is with me he gained a little, but you know men. They know how to make an advantage of it (of their sexy tummy, and so on...grrr... :-)

traceymc1985 05-11-2010 10:35 AM

Welcome again Bbobenstein-i just want to say i know how you feel. When i was 18 i was in a violent relationship for 4years and i comfort ate and lost every bit of pride in myself. However that was over 5 years ago and im now with a wonderful man who no matter what weight i was has always treat me the same and supported my choice to get to where i want in life! My heaviest just after i left my ex i was 16st 10lbs and i now weigh in at 12st 3lbs. I lost the weight with weightwatchers but am no longer going to meetings and use my own scales and the support from fitday to help me reach my goal of 10st 7lbs.
Sorry i cant advice you with atkins as its never been a plan that ive took but id like to offer all my support and best wishes on your journey to a healthy and most of all happy future. Im always here to help in the ways i can. GOOD LUCK!!
Hiya Ellabella-another Leeds member. Welcome to the forum its excellent. You sound really determined to get to goal-i know you will do great. The menu sounds really yummy. Bon appetite its making me feel hungry but no im doing great so i can wait til breakfast.

SarahLou120385 05-11-2010 12:31 PM

Hi HickontheHill, Hi bbodenstein, Hi ellabella! Glad you could all join us! Hi Tracey, Hi Zaba!

First thing's first - hope everyone's doing ok, how's it all going?

I did my first weigh-day today since I started my diet a week ago, and I was psyched to see I've shifted my first 3lbs! :D Hope I do as well next Tuesday!

Is everyone here doing weekly or daily or random weigh-ins? Whenever you're checking, good luck! I hope you all see the numbers your aiming for! :D

Sarah x

Hickonthehill 05-11-2010 11:40 PM

Hi...I weigh in on a Friday...there used to be a thread in one of the other forums and we'd put our weight in there, I tried to keep it going after the originator stopped doing it but it seems to have trickled to a stop. Shame, as it really motivated me...But still weigh myself and keep track of it on my home page.

Does anyone have any suggestions for snacks? I eat a tonne of fruit but am trying to get my carbs down, so any alternatives to the 2 apples, banana and other stuff I eat would be greatfully received. I'm not really a big raw veg person, and I work in an office at a pc so it really needs to be able to be eaten in that environment...

am going to devise a new fitness regime this afternoon (quiet office just now!) as have let that side go too...and I wonder why I'm on a plateau!?!?!;)

~ellabella~ 05-12-2010 03:57 AM

Hi Sarah, this is your thread and I didn't even say hello! how rude of me, I was just giddy with excitement i think.
Hi Zaba and Hick too.

Good day today, no cravings, although slightly headachey. Stuck to yesterdays menu. Really looking forward to tonights Italian mushrooms. Yum yum.

Hick your comment about being scottish and not having tatties made me laugh, it's like me being from Yorkshire and not having tea. Well I just couldn't do it, so I've cut dowm. I can't live without tea and how much damage can it do?
I've been snacking on boiled eggs, cooked chicken, tuna mayo wrapped in a lettice leaf, celery with cream cheese, ham rolled up with cream cheese and bits of cheese! This is all very Atkinsy though, not sure if you're following Atkins or are just trying for a general carb reduction?

Zaba so that I make sense to you (at least for a while:rolleyes:) I converted, I'm 65.3 kgs and need to be 57.2 because I'm only a wee little 150 cms!

Thanks for the welcome Tracey! It's a small world.....

I started on Monday so my weigh in will be Monday (but may have a sneaky peek in between)

Tomorrows menu which I'll prep tonight is
B:Eggs (really quite sick of this now...breakfast suggestions anyone?)
L:Turkey salad
D: Roast pork, mashed cauliflower with cheese, green beans (and a teeny tiny bit of gravy???please:o?? no i mustn't :() But on the bright side I can eat the crackling yum yum
ROF: (rest of family..roasted tatties and peas too) Do you all cook seperatley for families or try to incorporate what you're having?

Can I ask which diet you're all following if any?

I've been getting confused with the USA food listings for example today I'm having green beans which I thought would be french beans in usa terms. However french beans had a whopping 60 carbs in and the packaging on my green beans was nowhere near that amount. I found string beans which sounded much more like but no idea what the differences are.

Anywhoo I'm waffling again, thanks for the warm welcome and looking forward to keeping up with you all.

Noticed that I talk about food a lot??? mmm obsessed, moi??

I'm waffling again!!!!:eek:

Hope to see you soon bbodenstein

x

traceymc1985 05-12-2010 08:11 AM

Hiya everyone
Well done SARAH im back on track my weigh in is every wednesday and ive lost 2lbs this week ive now shifted the half a stone i putback on. Im over the moon. I follow weightwatchers and im allowed 17 points each day and im sticking to it really well. Its always been the easiest diet for me to follow.
ELLABELLA i love my tea and its gotta be the Yorkshire stuff. I drink alot of it but i dont take sugar and use skimmed milk. It stops me snacking as long as i can resist the temptation to dunk a biscuit. Im kicking that habit now though! I also find difficultry tracking the foodsbut i write it in a little book so i know how many points ive had each day.
HICK- i love to snack on things too but im a lover of raw veg and salad but some other suggestions could be a tbsp nuts and seeds, 4 fat-free crackers,carrot sticks, 14g raisins, handful dry branflakes,5 small wafers,small pot sugar-free jelly,sugar free ice pops, tbsp low fat dip and 2-3 breadsticks,tsp extra light soft cheese with rice cake,25g plain popcorn. Ive really had to limit my snacks because i was using too much of my allowance through snacking all day and on an evening so now i just allow myself 2 small snacks-one at 3:30 and again at 8pm but only if i really need them. If i have my proper meals at same time each day i tend not to want to snack anymore. I have to keep a routine so i stay in control!

Hickonthehill 05-12-2010 11:32 PM

Well done you guys who have lost the weight. I'm not really looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow as I just know the pointer is going to just sit where it has the last couple of months.....well I hope it doesn't go up actually!! I did a good interval training session on the exercise bike last night and am away out for a walk in a min during my lunch hour. Am going to try to cram as much exercise as I can into my day (did 10 mins of stair walking while on the phone earlier!), so am hoping that kick starts my weight loss. Am liking the look of some of the snacks you guys mentioned. I'm not doing the full Atkins diet, but am really trying to lower my carb intake - which isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Discovered cauliflower mash the other night - LOVE IT!

Right, off for that walk...keep it up all, we'll get there....:)

Hickonthehill 05-13-2010 08:55 PM

Hi all. Well had my weigh in this morning, lost 1 lb, which puts me in the 10st something category now!!!! WOOHOO!! Haven't been here for several years! I know it's a small loss, but the significance for me is huge! So thank you all for your words which have motivated me to get my backside in gear! Hope you're all happy with your progress this week also...:)

traceymc1985 05-14-2010 01:10 AM

Well done Hick. I always think it doesnt matter on how much you lose each week it all adds up. 1lb is still a great deal-its not easy to lose weight so be very proud of yourself! It must be great to get to the 10st something mark! I weighed in on wednesday and my 2lbs loss(was finishing the monthly cycle so that helped!) has put me at 12st 2lbs so im pushing myself to see the 11stone something on the scales next week. Its been a 8 years since ive seen it anywhere under 16 so im thinking positive about reaching my goal of 10 and a half stone. Well done again and keep up the good work!

Hickonthehill 05-14-2010 02:50 AM

Well done Tracy....you'll get down below the 12's next week no question! I know what you mean about the monthly cycle, I can put on 4lbs the week before I'm due easily! Thankfully I recognise that now and don't get overly stressed about it! Well done for all the weight you've lost so far...big pat on the back! :)

terribear27 05-14-2010 04:43 AM

Hi bbodenstein and ellabella!!!

I have been doing Atkins - induction - for almost 4 weeks now. Would love to have buddies to receive and share tips and ideas with. So far I have lost 16 pounds and aim to lose about 65 more. Would love to join forces!

terribear27 05-14-2010 04:54 AM

Also Hello to everyone else!

Ellabella! My family eats what I eat for the most part. Sometimes they may add a different side or eat cereal for breakfast, but whatever I cook they eat. My hubby is pretty supportive about that.

As for the being sick of eggs, have you tried french toast eggs(tastes like french toast and you can use SF syrup), a MIM(is a low carb muffin you can make that actually tastes good) or a pumpkin pie omlet(similar to the french toast eggs). Those are just a few things I have made to mix things up and keep from being bored. I can pass on the recipes if you are interested. There are also lots of low carb sites that offer lots of suggestions.
Have a great day!

teresagaylor 07-08-2010 01:45 AM

Hi i am new.

Hello i am going to try the calorie shifting diet wondered if anyone else was doing it and could give me any pointers. would love a diet buddy i have shed loads to lose xx

iceland77 07-08-2010 05:27 AM

Welcome!

Teresa,

Welcome to fitday! There are tons of caloric-cycling programs out there. See: Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs. Also, there's a thread under the WEIGHT LOSS forum, Weight Loss Tips
Cycling Calories / Zig Zag Calories Cycling Calories thread.

As for trying to find a weightloss buddy, there's tons on this board. Check out the women's only corner forum, and browse through the various groups. They should help provide the support you're looking for. :)

teresagaylor 07-08-2010 08:38 AM

thanks

thanks for the info i will check these out now ;)

sarahbakhiet 08-05-2010 04:50 PM

Weight Loss Partner

Hii :)
I joined fitday about a week or 2 ago. I've lost about 4 kilos since. I was wondering if there was someone I could talk to throughout my stuggle to lose weight, like as support, just to get motivation and inspiration.
I'd be glad to get any help I can!
Goal: -20 kg
Mini-Goal: -15 kg
Current Loss: -4 kg

bluebent 08-06-2010 10:45 AM

Hi there! I've used Fitday in the past to track calories and workouts but just came back today. I've never used the forums before but was looking for a little inspiration. Earlier today I was thinking it would be nice to have a weight loss partner to help with motivation.

I'm hoping to lose about 40 pounds and am setting 10 pound goals for myself. I had a baby five weeks ago and also have a 2 year old so finding time for myself is sometimes difficult but I really want (need!) to lose some weight in order to have more energy and feel good about myself again. I've set the end of January as the date by which I'd like to reach my goal. I think it's doable as long as I can watch what I eat and start exercising more.

Do you have a plan for yourself? Do you follow an exercise routine or a special diet?