FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   New here - looking for a diet buddy...? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/1024-new-here-looking-diet-buddy.html)

almeeker 10-03-2010 04:31 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum. There are a couple of threads you might want to check into, there is one called "14 weeks til Christmas", where a bunch of us are posting our weight and keeping track of the pounds lost until Christmas. We started a few weeks back with a goal of a 30 pound loss by Christmas, but you can certainly join in. You don't have to lose 30 to join, you just have to want to lose weight by Christmas, so it's all good. You also might want to check out the 100+ thread, again there is no real weight loss requirement, it's just for ladies that will be at this diet thing for a while.

I had that same wardrobe last Christmas, sizes 18-24, so I know exactly where you are. Fitday is a great tool, and using it has helped me lose quite a bit, now that old wardrobe has been replaced by a new one in much smaller sizes.

zootnarf 10-03-2010 05:06 AM

I will second the idea to join one of the threads here on the support forum. I've been so impressed with the non-judgmental support that everyone gives. This is totally something you can do! Welcome to the beginning of your journey to a healthier you.

IronRanger 10-23-2010 11:45 AM

Some sites to visit:

Iron Addicts Forums - Powered by vBulletin

BodyRecomposition Support Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health

Feel free to ask any questions you have here. I'll answer what I can.

tyranna 12-05-2010 08:16 AM

I'm 56, 277 lbs, diabetic and desperate for a buddy

Would anyone be interested in being my fitday diet buddy? I haven't been inputting my food and exercise every day but I promise faithfully to commit to being a good, supportive diet buddy to anyone who will make the same commitment to me. We don't need to email everyday, just track each others journals and maybe post here once or twice a week. Can i appeal to anyone to do this with me? The more the merrier. thanks, Nora

Judeshealth 12-05-2010 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by tyranna (Post 27528)
Would anyone be interested in being my fitday diet buddy? I haven't been inputting my food and exercise every day but I promise faithfully to commit to being a good, supportive diet buddy to anyone who will make the same commitment to me. We don't need to email everyday, just track each others journals and maybe post here once or twice a week. Can i appeal to anyone to do this with me? The more the merrier. thanks, Nora

I am happy to be a buddy!

I am 41, daibetic (the MODY kind) and I am looking to lose 30-40 pounds to get to my target weight. 186.8 this morning.

I think what gets me most down are my sugar levels! I eat low carb, follow The Diabetes Revolution by Dr. RIchard Bernstein, have a great doctor, take XR Glucophage 2x a day and Byetta 10mcg twice a day.

I have been going to the gym. Aerobics makes my sugars go up, not down! After my workout I was 239. Frustration is ridiculous.

So, tell me about you. What are your goals?:)

tyranna 12-05-2010 09:27 AM

Happy to find these forums

I've been using fitday on and off since 2002 and I never noticed these forums before today. I'm so happy to be here, I'm hoping to find someone who wants to be my diet buddy. I'm 56, i weigh 277, I'm happily married and have 3 wonderful grandkids. I work full time, i have type 2 diabetes and a total knee replacement. I'm looking forward to getting my other knee done next summer so i can start walking again. I hope to get to know all of you really well and maybe to even make one or two really good friends. Nice to meet you.

Nora (near Toronto, Canada)

tyranna 12-05-2010 09:42 AM

Hi Judeshealth.
I'm very glad to meet you. Thanks for replying to my post, i would love it if you were my diet buddy.
i'm Canadian and I'm guessing that we don't have the same scale for measuring blood sugars, when I check mine first thing in the morning, it's usually between 6.0 and 7.7. My goal is to lose 120 pounds in the next year and a half. I think I've finally come around to the fact that I need to drastically change my diet. I've logged in my food for today and I'm hovering right around 2500 calories. I'm ready to start taking better care of myself.

http://fitday.com/fitness/PublicJour...?Owner=tyranna

mecompco 12-05-2010 11:09 AM

Nora, I know I said "Hi" in my 100 lbs to Lose thread, but "Hi" again! I, too, was on FitDay back in '02 and used it to lose a couple hundred pounds. I quit, and sure enough, found them again (and a few of their friends).

It looks like this time I am here to stay, even after reaching my eventual "goal". I agree that these forums are terrific and a great addition to FitDay.

Regards,
Michael

rpmcduff 12-06-2010 04:37 AM

Welcome. Just let the community know what you need help with.

wessjatson 05-20-2011 06:13 AM

Diet buddy wanted:)

Heyyya guys.
Okay so.. i'm new to this site- and i can never stick to diets but i'm really hoping to change this time.
-I'm eighteen,
-Female :'),
-I'm currently 130lbs
-My goal is 115lbs
-So i'm hoping to lose 15lbs in about 3-6months.
-I really wan't to suceed in my diet this time- But i'm terrible on my own.
-So a diet buddy would be MUCH appreciated !!
:D